Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Board Racer: Fit Advice

SomeoneElse86

New in Town
Hey guys,
I have just purchased a stock 42" Board Racer in Seal Jerky from Aero leathers and am wondering if it is worth keeping. I am somewhat unsure about the fit as although I understand that a tight fit is typical with this style of jacket, it does seem quite tight across the shoulders. I have attached some photos for reference and would appreciate some more knowledgeable opinions.

Attachments

• 20240326_083308.jpg
    20240326_083308.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 20240326_083338.jpg
    20240326_083338.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 147
  • 20240326_083419.jpg
    20240326_083419.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 147

Stuart1991

New in Town
Besides being a little long it’s a flattering fit, nice taper! If you don’t mind the extra fabric that might bulge a little when zipped, I’d keep it for sure. shoulders, chest and upper arm seem spot on.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It's a bit tight across the shoulder. I would suggest to send it back in for a custom one with widen shoulder, so it's basically a size 44 tapering to a size 42. It looks like you can use a bit more room around the shoulders and upper chest to ease those pulling creases.

barnabus

One Too Many
Hey guys,
I have just purchased a stock 42" Board Racer in Seal Jerky from Aero leathers and am wondering if it is worth keeping. I am somewhat unsure about the fit as although I understand that a tight fit is typical with this style of jacket, it does seem quite tight across the shoulders. I have attached some photos for reference and would appreciate some more knowledgeable opinions.

It looks too long and too narrow to my eyes.

But it doesn't matter what I think, or anyone else. Do you feel comfortable in it? Do you feel better when you wear it? If you have misgivings now, they probably won't go away.

Last edited:

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I think it looks great in the photos. It's only too tight if it's pulling at the zipper when you zip it up. One thing about this particular jacket is Aero makes them with sleeves that are curved to the point that it will feel tight in the upper chest/shoulder area when you have your arms down at your sides. They make it this way on purpose so it feels most natural with your arms up at the holding the handlebars of a bike position. It will relax some the more you wear it, but you'll always kind of feel the pull

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner