Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer szie 40 fits lika a 42 CORDOVAN FQHH $650 or best offer

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SOLD

PRICE DROP TO $550 shipped to USA or Canada
Pride drop $550 shipped
Awesome dream jacket!!! Obtained from Monitor.
Fits me perfectly. I am 5 feet 9 inches. 42 inch chest. 32 inch waist.
Fits trim and form fitting. Pass if you are my dimensions but do not like a form fitting jacket.

Worn about 5 hours total by me.

BIG EDIT- I had the wind flap removed !!!!!!

Only selling because I want a midnight blue cafe racer- funds going right back into purchase.
Today I received my new brown fqhh Sheene from Thurston. How many jackets can one man have? Do not answer that one; I, as well as many here suffer from the same leather jacket affliction. Shipping to USA or Canada or Britain only. Shipping charges will be actual cost. Heavy jacket- $50-70 SHIPPING.

I did replace the main zipper with a #10 Brass Heavy Duty and made the left chest pocket deeper to accommodate an iPhone 6 Plus

Here is the original Monitor posting:
Aero Cafe Racer leather jacket in super heavy Cordovan FQHH (Front Quarter Horsehide). Size 40 (EU 50-52), or M / L.

Heavily modified Aero Cafe Racer. Made up in Cordovan FQHH. Heaviest and the most beautiful horsehide I've ever seen from Aero or otherwise. Extremely thick, more so than my Vanson jacket. Around 3.5 - 4 oz by my calculations. Seriously thick leather. The jacket is 6 lbs heavy!

This jacket is based on an Aero Cafe Racer model but done up with a number of modifications to make appear more classically styled and unique. Spec'd details include...
• Cordovan FQHH
• Slanted chest pockets
• Top sleeve zippers
• Extra sleeve length
• Black cotton drill lining
• Moleskin pocket lining
Replaced the original Hookless main zipper ending few inches above the bottom hem with a Heavy Duty Brass #10 zipper
• Waldes diamond pulls on pockets
• Talon sleeve zippers

Basically new. Received in December 2016, I've had it on it just a dozen or so times. Up until recently, it was too cold to even think about this jacket as it's too trim for me to wear it over layers so I've barely had any chance to enjoy it. I am the first and the only owner of this jacket. It's essentially a new jacket. It was made for me and with all the mods, fancy hardware and the extras, the jacket was close to $1400.

I'm selling it only because it's too trim in the waist. The rest of it is perfect but I can't zip it up over a hoodie or a vest. Good over a T-shirt but I since I can't close it with anything else underneath, it just doesn't feel right owning a grand and a half worth of leather that I can't wear when I want to. Other than that, the most beautiful jacket I've had.

Size 40 but be sure to be guided by the measurements.

P2P (chest, cca.): 23" / 60 cm (x2)
Waist: 19.7 / 50 cm (x2)
Shoulders: 19.5" / 50 cm
Sleeve length: 27" / 67 cm
Back length: 25.5" / 66 cm

PLEASE NOTE that due to silly offers, the Make Offer option is now removed but if you're serious about buying this jacket, please write and we can work something out. Like I said, this jacket is a few months old, it's been worn a dozen times and I've listed it at nearly half the price a new one with all the mods would cost you. If the size works for you... Save up some money!

That's it. Any questions at all, suggestions, offers, please don't hesitate to write. If you need the shipping info, additional photos, anything whatsoever, just shoot me a message and we'll talk.

Last edited:

sweetfights

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600.jpg

These photos are from original listing when I purchased from Monitor

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
So, I was just sitting out on my back porch wearing my Horween FQHH SB Roadster smoking a cig (I'm going to quit soon, again). Trivia question what is the first line to the old Stones song Live With Me? I digress. So just had some kind of psychic connection. I was sitting there looking at my iPhone 6 plus, wondering what those silly little chest pockets were originally designed for (only answer I can imagine are for cigs), thinking, wonder if I could change that to fit my cell, because only have hand warmer pockets outside, when I got your posting.

Monitor sure knows how to do it, as do you. Beautiful jacket. Don't have any cordovan yet. If it was bigger it would be sold by now. Also just had #10 YKK put on the shearling Hercules I picked up here, which broke the first time I wore it. Probably should have put on a heavier Talon but Johnson didn't have one.

Really beautiful jacket. Tell me more about the pocket replacement.

Love that jacket.

sweetfights

Thanks Jonesy86 !
I find Aero and Lost Worlds - superior leather and jacket product/designs but failures when it comes to the main zipper. I learned my lesson and ask for a #10 brass or replace with a #10 brass zipper when in my possesion.
These jackets are heavy duty and beg for a heavy duty zipper.

The Aero Cafe Racer design does not have deep enough front chest pockets for an iPhone 6 plus as I discovered when I obtained Monitor's magnificent cordovan cafe racer. I went to the tailor and for $20 had the left chest pocket deepened- easy fix. The main front zipper I purchased then had a local shoe/boot cobbler replace for $40.
My brand new Sheene fqhh from Thurston Bros has the left external chest pocket and left internal pocket deep enough for my iPhone 6 plus by request. Love!!

sweetfights

So, I was just sitting out on my back porch wearing my Horween FQHH SB Roadster smoking a cig (I'm going to quit soon, again). Trivia question what is the first line to the old Stones song Live With Me? I digress. So just had some kind of psychic connection. I was sitting there looking at my iPhone 6 plus, wondering what those silly little chest pockets were originally designed for (only answer I can imagine are for cigs), thinking, wonder if I could change that to fit my cell, because only have hand warmer pockets outside, when I got your posting.

Monitor sure knows how to do it, as do you. Beautiful jacket. Don't have any cordovan yet. If it was bigger it would be sold by now. Also just had #10 YKK put on the shearling Hercules I picked up here, which broke the first time I wore it. Probably should have put on a heavier Talon but Johnson didn't have one.

Love that jacket.
ps I got nasty habits!!! true

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
Uh oh....I am very tempted on this. I just ordered a custom Seven in this color with brass hardware, but got a longer cut with pockets so it has a move civilian jacket feel. This actually has long enough sleeves for me as well. Shame you already got that Sheene as I have a 40 in brown FQHH I need to post on here later this weekend. I also ran into the same issue with the black CR i bought on the lounge a month or so ago. It is a beautiful jacket, but the waist was too tight. This one isn't as long and has a bigger splay so should not have that issue for me. Very tempted...

sweetfights

I find the cut of the Aero Cafe Racer to be just right for my body type. But, the waist is definitely form fitting. Anything bigger than a 32 inch waist would be problematic.
I also like the zipper starting 2 or 3 inches from the bottom- great when sitting down.
The Seven based off the Board Racer would have shoulders less wide than this Cafe Racer. That's what I like about the Aero Cafe Racer- broader shoulder measure.

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
I like the board racers some days and the cafe racers others. The sheene I am selling is a 40 and has some extra room for layering which is nice. It was just a bit too short in length and sleeve so I ordered the same jacket from Thurston in my measurements. My board racer is a 40 and pretty tight but a cafe in 40 is nice so I can layer a hoodie or sweater under it. My waist is technically around 33, but this splay being as high as it is and the length being where it is I don't think it would be an issue. I am mulling this over...

sweetfights

I like the board racers some days and the cafe racers others. The sheene I am selling is a 40 and has some extra room for layering which is nice. It was just a bit too short in length and sleeve so I ordered the same jacket from Thurston in my measurements. My board racer is a 40 and pretty tight but a cafe in 40 is nice so I can layer a hoodie or sweater under it. My waist is technically around 33, but this splay being as high as it is and the length being where it is I don't think it would be an issue. I am mulling this over...
might work!

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Love that jacket.

Slighht hijack but Jonesy, get off the cigs. I quit cold turkey but now I suck on one of those obnoxious vape things. But quitting smoking gave me SO much more time and money to enjoy jackets. Try to not get your SB too smokey. You'll regret it.

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
Hmmm this may be a touch too big in the chest if it fits like a 42. Hopefully this will fit somebody perfectly, because it is a great looking jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21