Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero classic Irvin, 44 in fantastic condition

dan_t

Practically Family
***NEW THREAD STARTED 10 Oct with updated details.***
***Do not reply to this thread***

Hi all,
I acquired this beautiful jacket recently and truth be told, there's not a great deal of need for a shearling jacket in Sydney.......

I acquired it from the original owner who received it around 2002. According to him, he has never worn it. From the overall condition of the jacket, I'd agree that this is most likely true.
It is in a stunning condition & would certainly suit someone wanting a new jacket.

I have taken a number of images, in both direct & indirect sunlight to illustrate the condition and features of this beauty.
The measurements are clearly depicted in the pics, please do take the time to look at these first.
Given that it is a shearling jacket, expect the measurements to read large for a standard 44. This is due to the thickness of the sheepskin & this jacket does wear like a 44 on me.

Approximate measurements;
Size; 44
P2P; 26"
Shoulders; 22.5"
Back; 26.5"
Arms; 27"

I'm happy to ship anywhere in the world & the asking price INCLUDES worldwide shipping, with tracking and insurance.

The price is AUD $950 - all offers considered

The only 2 points that I would note are;
(a) On the right hand pocket, the 'facing' (if that's the correct term) has
minor visible stitch holes. These are clear in the images. Not sure what the story is here, but you do need to be looking very closely to notice.
(b) The side belts have been removed. Again, if you look extremely closely, you can see where they were removed, but this only if you look seriously closely. It was a professional job. I imagine Aero (or someone else) could always replace these.

Do let me know if you have any questions,
Cheers,
Dan

First 10 photos here, second set of 10 photos with measurements in my comment further down the thread;

Irvin (1 of 21).jpg
Irvin (2 of 21).jpg
Irvin (3 of 21).jpg
Irvin (4 of 21).jpg
Irvin (5 of 21).jpg
Irvin (6 of 21).jpg
Irvin (7 of 21).jpg
Irvin (8 of 21).jpg
Irvin (9 of 21).jpg
Irvin (10 of 21).jpg

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi all, clearly I have the media uploaded here on the Lounge & set as 'Private'.
Sorry for that. Does anyone know how to make it 'public' and viewable to all...?
I'll keep trying to work it out & will hopefully find an answer.
I can email through some pic's if anyone is interested in the meantime, just PM me.
Cheers,
Dan

thor

Call Me a Cab
You mention a "right hand pocket" and "side belts"; sounds like a B-3 rather than an Irvin.
Like others have also stated, I cannot access the linked images to view the jacket.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Hi all, clearly I have the media uploaded here on the Lounge & set as 'Private'.

Sorry for that. Does anyone know how to make it 'public' and viewable to all...?
I'll keep trying to work it out & will hopefully find an answer.
I can email through some pic's if anyone is interested in the meantime, just PM me.
Cheers,
Dan
Click on the 'media' tab, then 'your content', then 'your albums'. Click in the tick box in the top left of the album pic, click on 'other options' and select 'change privacy of album'. The tick box is easy to miss, I had the same problem before and ended up creating a new album and uploading everything again, PITA.

dan_t

Practically Family
Thanks everyone for your patience, I've been travelling this week for work. For the life of me I cannot locate how to make the 'media' public.
So..... I've just tried a different method of a direct upload.
Hopefully this works instead.

@thor , you're probably correct there. I don't claim to be any kind of expert whatsoever on these shearling jackets. If I've used the incorrect name, then I'll happily stand corrected.

Here are the 2nd set of images to complete the full set;

Irvin (11 of 21).jpg
Irvin (12 of 21).jpg
Irvin (13 of 21).jpg
Irvin (14 of 21).jpg
Irvin (15 of 21).jpg
Irvin (16 of 21).jpg
Irvin (17 of 21).jpg
Irvin (18 of 21).jpg
Irvin (19 of 21).jpg
Irvin (20 of 21).jpg

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hi Dan.

How are the arms on the jacket, I read somewhere that I he older Aero Irvine had quite a tubular arm shape. Can I also ask how the jacket fits you and what your chest and shoulder measurements are? Also, would you be interested in a trade? I have a 44 Aero Teamster in FQHH which may interest you?

Regards

Garry

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi Garry, happy to take some pics - just give me a couple of days as I’m heading away for the long weekend.
I usually wear a size 42, so this is a little large on me, not too bad though.
As for a trade, I’m open to sensible offers but I’m afraid a 44 teamster is going to be too large for me.

dan_t

Practically Family
@Lord Flashheart Here's a couple of pic's for you with the jacket worn.
Please do keep in mind that this is a size 44 & I normally wear a size 42.

Open to reasonable offers, or interesting trades for jackets of comparable quality and price.
Size 42, café racer, half belt, Aero, Thedi, other quality makers.

Irvin (3 of 3).jpg

Irvin (2 of 3).jpg

Irvin (1 of 3).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo