Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Coats - Changing hanging pockets to gun pockets

Lear

One of the Regulars
When I do send my coats (Stockman, Rallye, Cheyenne etc.) back to Aero for relining, can a vertical gun pocket be retro fitted? I prefer this type to the horizontal pockets that hang in the lining itself. Seems like it would simply be a matter of cutting a slot in the facing, or am I overlooking something here? I would normally ask Aero, but they're closed for holidays.

Also, do some still go the customer supplied route when relining? Years ago, there was mention of some very old horse blanket at the Aero factory. Also remember hearing of Swiss Army blankets used to good effect. One day I might just pop into W.Bill, London for some unusual gabardine.

Just in case MI5 or Special Branch are monitoring this forum: I don't have a gun, that's simply what these pockets are called :p

Lear

wdw

One Too Many
I think they just cut out a rectangle from the leather flap, add a small leather backing patch, a zip and pocket. Just checked my Stockman and it's very simple and neat looking.

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Yes, they can 'retrofit' a vertical pocket. I had a Highwayman re-lined last year and at the same time requested a pocket. Turned out very well, like it had always been there.

Not sure on the customer supplied lining but i'm sure Amanda could give an answer quickly.

Lear

One of the Regulars
Thanks JakeHolman & WDW

Hoping I can be as helpful to others, as you lot have been to me.

Cheers

Lear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24