Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero FQHH Highwayman with shearling lining and mouton collar

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
Aero Highwayman in front quarter horsehide. The body of the jacket is lined with thick shearling and corduroy, and the sleeves are lined in alpaca wool. The mouton collar is removable. This is a very heavy and warm jacket. The jacket has two outside pockets, two inside pockets, zip sleeves, and side buckle adjusters.

The jacket is labeled a size 38, but should easily fit a size 40 in my estimation. Keeping in mind that the thick lining takes up some of the internal circumference, the measurements from Aero are as follows:

Pit to pit - 24.5"
Sleeve - 27"
Back - 25.5"
Shoulder - 20"

Selling for $625 or best offer with free shipping to the lower 48 states. Please see my eBay listing for pics at http://www.ebay.com/itm/262890069029?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
For reference sake, I'm 5' 10" and 155 pounds and wear a size 38 suit. I can wear this jacket with the side buckle adjusters pulled tight, but it's big on me. Even though this jacket is labeled a size 38, it's actually bigger than my size 40 Eastman B-6. Of course they are designed to fit differently, but this jacket is probably closer to a 40 or even a 42 than it is a 38.

Last edited:
Man that's an incredible jacket!!! I wonder if someone 5'11 215lbs who typically wears a 40"-42" Aero could fit in it.

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
Congrats on the sale.

Out of curiosity, does did you ask them to put the size tags where they did, or does Aero usually put the tags on the bottom hem like that for shearling lined jackets?

I bought the jacket used, and don't know if the original owner specified the placement of the labels. But most shearling jackets I have seen that have a corduroy or nylon lined section at the base of the hem have the labels placed there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn