Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero goathide lengths

schmitty8

New in Town
after seeing jan's goathide cossack I became very interested in one, but then read something about lengths. i have a FQHH aero on order now in 31 length......so, here is my question, can a goathide come in a 28 or 29 length? thanks

HighandDry

A-List Customer
When I asked for my Cheyenne to be goat, Amanda told me that they didn't have a hide long enough.

The best thing to do is just email Amanda and ask her.

JanSolo

Practically Family
A LHB is different in construction when compared to a Cheyenne. The Cheyenne consists of 4 huge leather panels that all more or less cover the full length of the jacket. The cutter will have to find at least 4 full skins that are large enough (and display a good thickness throughout their full length) to be made into one of the "Big 3s".
Sizes larger than 38/40 are impossible. And today Aero refuses to make a Cheyenne in goat.
I don't know about a LHB. If you can live with smaller panels it should be possible as it features the false belt on the back which makes dividing the panels easier. A standard 50s or 30s HB shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't need a 44 or 46.

Last edited:

schmitty8

New in Town
A LHB is different in construction when compared to a Cheyenne. The Cheyenne consists of 4 huge leather panels that all more or less cover the full length of the jacket. The cutter will have to find at least 4 full skins that are large enough (and display a good thickness throughout their full length) to be made into one of the "Big 3s".
Sizes larger than 38/40 are impossible. And today Aero refuses to make a Cheyenne in goat.
I don't know about a LHB. If you can live with smaller panels it should be possible as it features the false belt on the back which makes dividing the panels easier. A standard 50s or 30s HB shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't need a 44 or 46.

jan - I think I follow. Let me ask this another way. I am 6 foot 3, 228 lbs (wear a 48L suit). I have an Aero Hercules being made right now and I was interested in the Cossack in goatskin (very similar to the one you have). The cossack is shorter than the hercules.....I am assuming (hoping) that the length of the cossack will be around 28 (perhaps even 20 ) inches. Is that possible to get a goatskin cossack in a size around a 48L with a 28/29 inch length?

pipvh

Practically Family
Interesting. I'd been thinking about asking for a Mariner in black goatskin, but perhaps that wouldn't be possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo