Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero hanger question

Faux59

New in Town
Apologies if this has been covered. I searched.

I use these hangers for my jackets. Aero claims they are wrong and they cause deep creases. Has anyone experienced this?

IMG_6078.jpeg

Jiantle

Familiar Face
This thread helped me when I was doing my research on hangers.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...r-about-outerwear.102916/page-25#post-2772656

I think it depends on the slope angle of the shoulders but there have been complaints (as you'll read in that thread) that Aero Hangers aren't long enough to fully extend to the shoulder seams. I personally use the ones from amazon linked in the thread and they're great. Good slope angle and wide enough.

If using that sloped hangar is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.

I do add some bulk to the ends to fill out the shoulders of my leather gear a bit more. The wool, cotton, denim gear I just use the pictured “wrong” hanger. Buy them on Amazon.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it depends on the slope angle of the shoulders but there have been complaints (as you'll read in that thread) that Aero Hangers aren't long enough to fully extend to the shoulder seams.
I have six hangers from Aero and probably about twenty of the ones they say not to use. I agree with an earlier poster who said that it depends on the slope of the jacket shoulders. There are a couple jackets that seem to sit better when hung on the Aero, hanger, and some seem better on the “wrong” hanger.
I do not think it is worthwhile to throw out all the hangers you already have, and buy the ones from Aero.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I don't think there is one hanger that fits all. I have all different types of hangers, plastic suit ones, wooden looking ones, and the Aero ones, I use different ones for different jackets. The point is to not let the shoulder sag especially on heavier jackets right so it doesn't have a dimple caused by hanging. That will really vary from jacket to jacket. You'll know why you put it on the hanger, if it has creases at the back of the neck then use another one, if there are two dimples on either side of the shoulder point, use another one...etc.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Me too. I’ve used them on all of my fine garments, whether outerwear or regular shirts, regardless of material, since they’re so cheap to get.

I see that you’re using the thicker pool noodles, right?
They are the smallest ones our hardware store sells. They measure 2 3/8” diameter. What do yours measure?

Brandrea33

One Too Many

Nacho

Practically Family
I’m from Canada too, didn’t realize you were also. I buy mine at Canadian Tire also, but mines a pool noodle. I think yours might be used for pipe insulation?

here is the actual SKU from Canadian Tire.

View attachment 581747

Yes, I am from the West coast haha. There are quite a few Canucks on here.

Thank you. Mine is indeed pipe insulator. I will look for these next time I stop by Canadian Tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails