Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero HWM in the old oilpull

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Aero Highwayman in midweight old style oilpull HH Size 42.

Made for me in late 2009 by Vicki. You can't get this lovely oilpull anymore and the new stuff is more like oiled suede. You can't get Vicki there either and she was one of the best they had.

This hide is thicker than the new one and is as thick as the Horween FQHH. It's very stiff initially but it breaks in to be a beautiful deep russet brown which glows in sunlight. It stood up by itself for a long time but is now softer and nice to wear.

It hasn't been worn much at all and was broken in at first wearing around the house and by sitting on it. I really don't wear it at all now and it gets put on a handful of times in most years and probably twice this whole year.

In excellent condition with no scratches or scuffs just lost the stiff new look. Lining and zips are excellent too. Antique brass Aero zips.

Measurements laid out flat zipped:

Chest 24.5"

Shoulders 19.75"

Back collar seam to hem 24.5"

Arms measured on the outside with a tailor's tape 25". That's 24.5" straight down to the outside part of the cuff.

Please take note of the measurements and only buy it if you're happy with them. I can't accept a return if you find it doesn't fit.

It's an authentic fifties fit and on me the hem is just on or a little below the belt in front.

Price is £315. Plus postage to the UK and the EU insured. Insured postage elsewhere would be too expensive probably.

P1161232.JPG

P1161233.jpg

P1161238.JPG

P1161236.JPG

P1161235.JPG

P1161243.JPG

Click on the picture and then on the pop up to see them full size.

Last edited:

53Effie

A-List Customer
Good luck with the sale. I have one very much like yours made in 2009 and I think by Vicki as well. Mine is even a 42. Yours would be a very nice jacket for someone out there.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Thanks Mike. This leather is just so much better than the stuff they call oil pull now.

John. I sent a reply but your box is full and you need to make some space. Please PM me again and I'll resend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters