Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Indian Goats

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Just a quick heads-up for anyone looking for a good, authentic A-2 for not much money. Aero are selling off their Indian goatskin A-2s on the sale page for £125 ($240). These are pretty good, I understand, and goatskin is an historically correct hide for the A-2. I doubt you'll find a better A-2 brand new for that sort of money!

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I have an Aero Indian G-2. It is a nice, snappy jacket. The leather is fairly light. It is best suited for temperatures in the fifties.

My only regret is not having gotten this deal :) .

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I think the russet Indian A-2s are long sold out. But the chocolate steerhide ones on the same sale page look pretty cool (if you don't mind steerhide).

Actually, I've already got a couple of nice A-2s. I think maybe this is the year that I finally look into getting a G-1...

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Fine jackets, Doc...

Probably a better jacket than the A-2, if truth is to be told-better materials, better design, but they don't seem to have the appeal of the A-2, and don't fetch as much. Which is a good thing for the likes of us, because you can still pick up a decent original G-1 or even one of the WWII contracts without paying the Earth. My '63 Irvin B. Foster is probably my best fitting jacket. Lots of good repros out there too-though many will tell you it's better to get a decent original than a repro. I have to say, though, that Aero's AN-6552 could well be my next jacket-unless a nice original M-422a turns up! (when I have a few bob spare, that is).

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
An-6552...

The_AN6552.jpg

This was mine...
I had an American Sportswear AN-6552 a while back Mikey- swapped a RMCJP Dubow A-2 for it with Senicko but it was too small for me.
BUT it was absolutely mint- N.O.S., Deadstock drop dead perfect. He sold it again for me recently. They're quite rare- only manufactured for 8 months in '43.
But yep, those USN jackets are special. I have an Edmund Church M422-A in postal limbo right now- 4 months now...
We'll see...
Take care MikeyB and MSG. ;)

BT.

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Yeah, somebody mentioned on VLJII a jacket Mark was selling on Ebay. I followed the link and was looking at some of the others he has for sale, and there was a pic of an AN-6552 with the dark brown collar and the dark, almost purplish lining-mmm, I could go for a bit of that....mind you, the Tanker I bought from Sean Keenan is getting the most wear at the moment.

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I have a FlightSuits Historical M-422A (veg tan goatskin) as well as Aero A-2. It is a heavier, more solid jacket better suited for the 40's and has more of an outdoors flavor to it.

FlightSuits has a sales page where you can pick up jackets, including G-1's, as they may be available. Check every Monday.

http://www.flightsuits.com/clear_jkt_leather.html

Lot's of vendors offer G-1's/ M-422A's: Aero, Eastman, LostWorlds, Real McCoys. I don't have direct experience with those. My experience with Aero suggests its jacket would be dressier than the FlightSuits (but no less tough).

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Do you still have it?

BellyTank said:
The_AN6552.jpg

This was mine...
I had an American Sportswear AN-6552 a while back Mikey- swapped a RMCJP Dubow A-2 for it with Senicko but it was too small for me.
BUT it was absolutely mint- N.O.S., Deadstock drop dead perfect. He sold it again for me recently. They're quite rare- only manufactured for 8 months in '43.
But yep, those USN jackets are special. I have an Edmund Church M422-A in postal limbo right now- 4 months now...
We'll see...
Take care MikeyB and MSG. ;)

BT.

Do you still have the jacket? I traded it to you some time ago and would like to know where it it now. This was one of the jackets I always regretted selling. I'd love to haggle to get it back. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum