Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/Iron Heart zipper

schmitty8

New in Town
Recently purchased a black FQHH jacket that was one of the aero/iron heart collaborations. beautiful jacket, awesome everything. it has larger zippers and a 2 way dual zipper......recently I zipped it up and the top zipper zips fine, but I cannot get the bottom zipper to move and now cannot get it unzipped. Sort of seems like it is jammed because it is misaligned. Has anyone every had a problem like this with a 2 way zipper, and, any ideas on who can fix something like that with breaking the zipper? thank you very much.

Mark

I bought a Harley jacket several years ago that had a dual front zipper. I had problems off and on with it. It never did work right. Finally had to slip the jacket over my head to get the damn thing off on a long motorcycle trip. After returning home..I took it immediately to a leather shop and had a regular zipper put in the jacket. Never another dual zip for me..ever again.
HD

schmitty8

New in Town
I bought a Harley jacket several years ago that had a dual front zipper. I had problems off and on with it. It never did work right. Finally had to slip the jacket over my head to get the damn thing off on a long motorcycle trip. After returning home..I took it immediately to a leather shop and had a regular zipper put in the jacket. Never another dual zip for me..ever again.
HD

i hear you hoosier....conceptually, i love it.....but because there is no consistent starting point, it can easily get jammed up. another major prob is if I do get if fixed, and it gets stuck while on me I will never be able to get it off because it is a tight fitting jacket.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
ME too, I mean no2-way zippers for me. They suck.

To the original questionnaire: Why don't you contact Giles at IH? He's the most nicest guy to deal with...

It's not just me Scott. Several friends I ride with have had trouble with those kind of zippers on various MC jackets. For me..the simpler the better. HD
Just takin' a p*ss, as the VAT guys would say lolI recall mine being more finicky than a regular zipper too. But I wish I had got one on my 50's HBD...

Seawolf

Familiar Face
When my last jacket was on order at Aero, I contacted Amanda to see about getting one of those zippers on my LHB, but she said it was exclusive to the IH/Aero jackets. You guys are making glad I wasn't able to get one!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have a Filson (Weekender model) that has an oversized 2 way dual zipper that has never had any issues and is very useful when I am sitting. If the zipper were to break, I could easily ship to Filson in Seattle for repair or replacement However, a broken zipper on an Aero would be prohibitory with shipping expenses across the Pond. Since my Aero jackets fit just below my belt, I would just as soon go with the standard Aero zipper anyhow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo