Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Jacket Owners in Southern California, Los Angeles Area

fredexx

New in Town
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I have a collection of vintage 1930's and 1940's leather jackets, but I'm looking to get my first Aero. Probably Premier 1930's Half Belt. The thing is I always like to see and feel a jacket before buying. I've never actually seen an Aero in person (although I've fallen in love with pictures online). I'm in LA and I couldn't find any shops that sell Aero here. I know about Thurston's in Seattle and I will most likely buy through them, and I plan on visiting Seattle in November to try on a bunch of jackets to confirm I'm on the right style. But I don't want to to wait until November!

Are there any Aero Owners in Southern California that would be kind enough to show me their jackets? I can bring some of my collection as well, as you may admire them. The patina is crazy on some of them :)

Thanks in advance for your help men.

Hello! I'm nowhere near California but I sure would love to see some photos of your collection, and I'm quite sure I am not alone on this. :D

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Just call Carrie at Thurston bros. they send out fit jackets for correct sizing. Lots of folk end up keeping the fit jacket.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I've owned an Aero but don't have one atm. I'm sure you'll find someone here or on another forum. Try Denimbro. Lot of LA people in the jacket scene.

fredexx

New in Town
I wasn't expecting to find the right jacket in the right size. Just wanted to get a feel for the different styles in person, not pictures. I'll visit Thurstons or Insurrection to do that soon.

However, I'm leaning toward getting a Pegasus D Pocket S instead, as I always wanted the Snake Plissken style, and this one is as close as I've seen. Much closer than the Aero Bootlegger.

And yes, I'll post some pics of my jackets soon :)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Great place a couple of stores next to it as well. That place had a really nice lady working there. They had a cool Brimaco cafe racer, a large Hercules half belt, and a bunch of other cool things. That street is really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic