Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero knitwear fair isle pullovers.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I don't have an Aero one currently (sold on a year or so ago), but I do occasionally visit their site to see what they have.
I do wear hand knitted Fairisle tank tops frequently though so can still comment.
The Aero designs are knitted by different individuals on the western islands so the do vary in pattern/size a fair bit, but typically wear 'smaller'.
In the 30s (their heyday) they were worn fairly tight on thinner frames than today, but I find that I size up slightly.
I have a 42" chest and wear a vintage 44 in A-1/A-2 jackets. I would also order a 44" Fairisle.
However, as with labelled jackets I would go by the notional size, check the dimensions.

stephen1965

One of the Regulars
Thanks Dr H, this was helpful, the aero site is not updated as regards stock of the fair isles and asking for their actual dimensions has drawn a blank so far. Still, sizing up sligtly seems the sensible thing to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy