Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO LEATHER HIGHWAYMAN black oil pull steer 38-40

nightandthecity

Practically Family
now on ebay (along with various other tasty vintage bits and bobs)......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271695562410?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

For pix you'll have to visit ebay, but here's the blurb......

"....Classic HIGHWAYMAN black leather jacket by AERO LEATHER CLOTHING of Galashiels, Scotland.
Labelled size 38 but I think this will fit a 40 better.

I am 38” chest, 5ft 7”, 10 ½ stone, and this fits me OK if I turn the sleeves up, but it would fit a taller 38” or a regular 40” better - see the measurements below (in the early 2000s Aero tended to make a lot of their jackets oversized)

Made in 2002 from a limited supply “Oil Pull” steerhide – only about two dozen jackets were made in this hide, which is strong and thick, yet wonderfully soft and flexible, and developed a beautiful “time-worn” patina in only a few months.

Lining is heavy wool Black Watch tartan. Heavy cotton ecru pocket linings. Zip is a New-Old-Stock 1950s Talon.

Leather is excellent condition – jacket has had plenty of use, but this hide seems near indestructible. Creased where I have worn it with the cuffs turned under. A couple of “barbed wire” scratches to the arms, which were there from new. Lining is very good – a bit pilled and frayed at the bottom, but years of life left. Pocket linings dirty from 12 years use but still solid. Only real problem is the zip – the tape has torn a bit just above the stopper, but but it works OK like this if you are careful.

It measures:

chest, armpit to armpit: 24”
Arms, down top edge: 24 ¾” (straight) 25” (curved)
Back, from base of collar: 24 ½”
Shoulders, straight across top back: 18 ½”
All measurements taken with garment fastened, laid flat, and with a cloth tape (not metal)."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner