Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero to make jackets for new Hollywood WW2 Film, "The Monuments Men"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my first Aero HH jacket from years ago. Russet 'Real Deal' A2.
Surely it would ruin a movie and the disgusted would leave in droves...

HD, we need a picture with better resolution so that we can better determine the number of stitches per centimeter and the relative thickness of the knits. :D On a more serious note, is your "real deal" your usual size 42 or a 44?

It is my usual size 40.

schitzo

Suspended
Here's an aero real deal in oil pull HH without the collar studs and hooks. Size 40, extra length added and a bit extra on the shoulders too. It was supposed to be a bit longer than this. As you can see accuracy wasn't a concern for me; I just liked this style of jacket

24thMay007_zpsb5ec8bdf.jpg

24thMay014_zpsaa368816.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
Re the knit question, here are some pics which have appeared before, but for completeness, here they are again.

First, the back of an ELC Monarch, that I sold last year...

monarchbackdetail.jpg

Second, a side view of a newish looking ELC Pearl Harbour (courtesy PapaM)...

img2329z.jpg

and thirdly, my current Aero 42-15142P...

aerobackdetail.jpg

To my (non stitchcounting) eyes, the knits on the Aero look better:D;)

Foster

One of the Regulars
To my (non stitchcounting) eyes, the knits on the Aero look better:D;)
And to my stitchcounting eyes, the Aero knits also look great. They certainly perform better for modern wearers, mine have help up great for five years but my second-hand Eastman .50 Cal jacket's knits are getting weak.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
DA4F41A7-2C2A-4E3F-B3B7-10AA12AAFA50-1532-00000322109F1B21.jpg

What you 'may find acceptable' on other forums on the WWW is not acceptable here in TFL and certainly 'not' in 'my room' Gentlemen. For a decade now, we have 'Prided' ourselves for being a small and rare corner of 'civility and decorum' on the internet and most of our Members sign up because of that uniqueness.

You should know that 'by now' if you've been a Member for a while. This is not a free platform or soap-box to throw mud at 'anybody' or to behave discourteously towards other Members.

'If' this is something you feel uncomfortable about, or it doesn't satisfy your own personal needs from the WWW, then question whether this is the right Forum 'for you.' I or my colleagues will be happy to show you the door.

- Thankyou for your time and cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot