Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero x Levi's Rockabilly - Rockafella jacket : value ?

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Hi Everybody
I have searched for a long time for this jacket and have possibly finally found one in very good condition.
Problem :
- The jacket is too far to try it and it is not cheap (600 euros)
- I still fear that the size and/or fitting will not be ok for my body-type.

If I buy it and that I am not happy, I could of course resell it without making profit or with a small loss (shipping... ). But I have no clue about the actual value of this type and if it's sought after. The price I am ready to pay is based on my limit for a jacket I want and not on the actual value... and I am worried that I won't be able to resell the jacket if it's not a keeper or with a huge loss
Any idea of the value ? What would be a "decent" proce for this type of a jacket in the TFL classifieds ?
Thank you
Chris

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
You usually see those jackets sitting at eBay for forever, strong indicator that they aren't worth what people ask for them. Try an eBay search for sold items; best way to find out what people actually paid for these before.

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Thank you. I have searched but haven't found much on ebay... Maybe a few moths ago where such a jacket was proposed for something like 1000-1200 USD... Crazy...

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For that price you are well on your way to paying what you would for a brand new Aero Rockafella that is guaranteed to fit you well. I do not think that the Levi x Aero jackets are particularly desirable or sought after and I think you are correct to worry about resale value if you had to flip it.

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Thank you,
El Marro : New from aero : 705 £ + shipping = 850-900 euros... a bit too much for me.
Handymike : did you see offers for this jacket in this price range ?

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Just did a search and two on ebay sold recently for £350 and £400 respectively. Most of the LVC jackets seem to go for figures around this mark so yes, I doubt you'd get the €600 back if it didn't work out. The only model which seems to fetch a higher price is the one featured in the James Bond movie.

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Thank you. Maybe this jacket will appear ina blockbuster movie and i will be one of the lucky ones

It has already a flavor of Tyler durden in fight club...

Edward

Bartender
Yes, don't pay over the odds for one of the Levis ones. If you're certain it is made by Aero (Levis have used other firms in recent years, though not sure if they redid the Aero style or not), I still wouldn't pay more for one than for an actual Aero. Better to wait for a better / cheaper used example and keep saving your money; if you've saved the price of a new Aero before the right used one comes up, well, then the answer is obvious....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner