Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age Appropriate Dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
An interesting conversation took place in my little head as I was going through my closet this morning:

I remembered a conversation I had with a lady when I taught preschool...we had many grandparents caring for our students and most of them tried to dress in the 'fashion' of their daughters...which always seemed way too young for their age and it made them often times come across as 'trampy'.
Not that they had to dress frumpy but there are ALOT of fads that shouldn't be worn by older women (or younger, but that's another rant :rolleyes: )

So I ask you for your opinion:
Just because something is vintage, should one wear it?
Is there an age whether in shape or not, a certain item should not be worn by a more mature lady...should one not wear polka dots, prints (I heard Caroline Herrera mention this in an atricle once and it has stuck in my head!)...a wiggle dress?...pencil skirt? Certain style of heels? I'm not ancient but I am not in high school either...I prefer the simple, classic style of vintage, but I was just wondering....me and my little brain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland