Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age of my Dobbs stingy brim?

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
This was my first vintage hat purchase and I spent WAY to much for it. I am not really a big fan of a stingy brim (on me), but this hat is in great condition. The photos do not do it justice. The color is a really wonderful deep chocolate brown with no fading and the feel of the felt is fantastic. I have no idea what sort of felt is is made of though. Found a price sticker on the backside of the size label and the price is $13.95. It is my most comfortable hat, but I just wish I looked better in a stingy brim.

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

100_1314.jpg

100_1315.jpg

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
I put prescription lenses in a pair of Ray-ban Clubmasters...the style glasses make a big difference in how the smaller brims look, at least with me.

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
CircuitRider said:
I put prescription lenses in a pair of Ray-ban Clubmasters...the style glasses make a big difference in how the smaller brims look, at least with me.

I was not familiar with that style so I did a Google image search. I really like it. Is that the glasses in your avatar?

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Yes. They come in 55 mm and 51mm. Mine are the 51mm tortoise with transitions. My daughter said I looked like a serial killer.:) . You can buy them online or at places like Sunglass hut in the mall where I got mine. Come in black and brown frames also.I like the 60's ties and all, makes it all "fit" together, even had to buy a fountain pen...Interestingly, when I asked about them at Sunglass hut a year ago, they didn't stock them. A couple of weeks ago they had six pair! I got a catalogue from JC Penny and noticed they were wearing the large frame plastic glasses...everything recycles sooner or later.lol

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

I also don't go well with stingy brims. I really need a 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 brim and can't really go shorter than 2".

I have this nice mid-grey Cavanagh with Cav Edge that sports a 1 1/2 brim and I wish it were at least 2" as I could actually wear it if it had.

It was a similar story to yours, BTW. Here was this hat and it looked less stingy in the photos. I didn't see it in time to ask for a brim measurement, and the price was good, so I took the chance.

Oh, well, at least I wound up with one hat with a real Cav Edge on it so I now know why everyone likes them so much. Now all I have to do is find one with a wider brim. :)

later!

Stan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace