Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Age of my Stetson Royal Deluxe?

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
I got this hat from a lady on Craigslist for a really good price. It seems to be in really excellent condition. I have no idea of its age or what type of of felt it may be, but it has a really nice soft buttery feel. Any help you folks can in supply would be greatly appreciated. The sweatband is labeled Royal De Luxe Stetson on one side, and on thre other side it says "Burkholder & Green The Store of Quality Ronceverte, W. VA. On the inside of the sweatband, the number 370361 is stamped in ink.

100_1305.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1307.jpg

This picture came out blurry
100_1308.jpg

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
It looks very similar to a Stetson Ivy League I picked up for a dollar at a Salvation Army store in excellent condition.It has an 1 7/8 brim, same sweatband. Looks 60's, hope someone can help. Most comfortable hat I've ever worn.

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
Yes, this one is very comfortable as well. It is my favorite so far because it matches so close to one my Grand-Dad used to wear. My stingy brim Dobbs is a little more comfortable and has a deeper richer and darker brown color, but a stingy is not my favorite brim style. I am getting ready to do the same sort of listing for the Dobbs as well.

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Most of mine are 2 1/2 brims, but I'm starting to like the Stingy Brims. Found a nice vintage gray straw and rebashed it.A little polyurethane works wonders on straw, if you like them stiff. Brand name of hat is Alexander.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace