Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Agent Carter

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I complained that I wanted more character development and backstory... and "Smoke And Mirrors" delivered!

The flashbacks to Peggy's past were great. For a character whose later history we know so much about, but whose pre-Captain America: The First Avenger life was mostly a mystery, it was a treat to see her background as a hero-playing tomboy, ace Bletchley Park codebreaker, and a brave, independent woman who walks away from her expected life as a wife to honor her fallen-soldier brother by entering the service.

And the Agnes Cully/Whitney Frost flashbacks made for a nice comparison/contrast. There are still some things I'm not crazy about this season, but this episode was a real gift to us hardcore fans!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I complained that I wanted more character development and backstory... and "Smoke And Mirrors" delivered!

The flashbacks to Peggy's past were great. For a character whose later history we know so much about, but whose pre-Captain America: The First Avenger life was mostly a mystery, it was a treat to see her background as a hero-playing tomboy, ace Bletchley Park codebreaker, and a brave, independent woman who walks away from her expected life as a wife to honor her fallen-soldier brother by entering the service.

And the Agnes Cully/Whitney Frost flashbacks made for a nice comparison/contrast. There are still some things I'm not crazy about this season, but this episode was a real gift to us hardcore fans!

I agree! I really enjoyed seeing more of Peggy's past. Great episode.

William G.

One of the Regulars
I'm hoping she'll reprise Agent Carter, but her new show sounds really good—even if there won't be as many hats and cool old cars.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
We fell behind on watching, so took about a week and a half to catch up via dvr. The musical number was great, and the Carter-Sousa "good bye" broke the tension in a big way. The gizmo Stark worked up to control the Black Space Goo looked like a leftover prop from a Captain Kangaroo show: the budget must have been spent on CGI. We are hoping for one more season, to at least position us for the leap into SHIELD.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Not unexpected, but so sad! There's talk that Marvel might continue the series on Netflix... but with Hayley Atwell committed to starring in another series, this sounds unlikely:

http://www.avclub.com/article/abc-cancels-agent-carter-236700

Of course, we now live in a TV landscape where things sometimes get revived or have sequels years later, so there's always hope for the future. And since Peggy has been used as "connective tissue" in so many Marvel films, she may well turn up in another flashback or two.

Bizarre coincidence: This was announced right after (SPOILER?!?) Peggy's funeral in last-weekend's-premiering Captain America: Civil War, and a shot of her obit in a newspaper was shown in this week's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode!

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
From Agents of SHIELD:

AgentCarter-obituary-AOS-51016.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I was SO disappointed that they cancelled it, and I hope Marvel takes it to Netflix. I can't believe all the shows ABC cancelled. What a bloodbath.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Just saw this cute interview with Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark) at Hitfix:

(Major spoilers for Captain America: Civil War, so read at your own peril.)

If Agent Carter had been renewed, was there any talk that you might still be able to pop by there now and then, or was your time on that show done?

Dominic Cooper: I didn't know. That was a wonderful treat that appeared every now and then. Because I adored playing Howard Stark. It was such a gift to even entertain playing him again, after realizing that the film franchise had moved into the future. It's almost impossible to know how Howard could be there, unless he creates some kind of potion to stay younger longer.

Have you ever met John Slattery?

Dominic Cooper: I haven't. He's great. He always says nice things about me, and I always say nice things about him, but we've never met. I hear he has quite a bad end in the latest one.

No, it does not work out well for old Howard.

That's a shame. How's he die?

Bucky kills him.

Sebastian Stan kills him?

He and his wife are going to the airport, and Bucky has been sent to assassinate them both.

(eyes go wide) Wow. Wow. Bucky kills Iron Man's dad?

And that becomes the source of the final conflict in the film, as Iron Man finds this out and is not happy.

Who wins? Cap sticks up for Bucky?

Cap sticks up for Bucky, and after Iron Man loses, there's a great moment where he tells Cap something like, "You're using the shield my father gave you. Give it back."

Iron Man wants the shield back?

Yeah, because you made it.

I made it. I remember. Because it's made out of vibranium. (laughs) I even remember the product I used. Wow.

It's a very good movie. Even though I've now spoiled a lot of it for you.

(laughs) Yeah, you completely ruined it. You've prevented me from seeing it! And I was really excited! (puts his face in his hands) Oh, no! And I'm dead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21