Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ahoy There! Sailor Boy Outfit for sale!

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Guernsey05148.jpg

For Sale is a cute little Sailor Boy outfit we found in a charity shop about 5 years ago, and was worn by our youngest for our trip to Guernsey to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of their Liberation in 2005.

Just the jacket and trousers, we had to borrow the hat.

Would suit a 3 year old.

Trousers are elasticated at the waist, and 21 inches long.

Little reefer jacket with collar is 15 inches down the back, 10 inches across the shoulders, and 13 inches across the chest. Sleeves are 14 inches down the outside.

Made in London by Aaron Sports. '70's vintage?? Maybe later.
70% acrylic 30% polyester
Short spin 40 degrees wash as synthetics.

sailorboycostume003.jpg

sailorboycostume005.jpg

We replaced one button, it's the same design and shape, but slighty darker!
sailorboycostume007.jpg

Guernsey05134.jpg

Guernsey05138.jpg

Think it cost us a tenner and would like to get our money back, but feel free to make an offer if you think it's overpriced.

If you are happy to pay £10 and your in the UK, I'll post for free. Overseas will be about £5 on top depending on where you are in the World. I'll work it out if anyone abroad is interested.

Thank you!

Mike

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Well, I for one could never imagine dressing a child in such a outfit. God only knows where a child might end up after such a traumatizing event. ;) :) :p

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm . . . . looks like a future First Lord of the Admiralty there. I'll bet as soon as they saw him, they flashed a signal "Winston is back."
Ruuuuuuule Britannia!

Mike1973

A-List Customer
LOL! lol

I've said this would suit a 3 year old, and it is marked '3' on the labels... (I'm assuming that refers to the age) the jacket also says size 24. That means nothing to me though!

Actually 'Young Winston' is just over 2 in these photos. But he is a buster :D (10lbs 3oz baby :eek: ) So the suit does look a little big on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo