Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airshows UK 2017 - Who's going?

Brettafett

One Too Many
Was good to meet some of you guys at Duxford over the weekend. Loved all the A-2s... and hats off to you for bearing them in that heat ;) Must say, Andrew's original Bronco looked superb.
Played a lot at Eastman's tent, trying on jacket after jacket - the team were very patient and friendly.
Also got to try on QMI's jackets next door, not bad if you're after a 'budget' jacket, they had A-2s and M422as... but do not expect the same quality as 'Top Guns'....

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Brett. I'm glad you enjoyed Legends last weekend. I think we went on the better day as the sky was perfect for photography. BTW. My jacket was is original Star! Here are two pictures from the flight line showing the Star A-2.

DSC_0026_zpsbvkmvu9j.jpg

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ELC Autumn / Fall 'Pop Up' anyone????? (Shoreditch) I've already booked time off work :)

Brettafett

One Too Many
ELC Autumn / Fall 'Pop Up' anyone????? (Shoreditch) I've already booked time off work :)
Yes, will pop in. WAP... aim to, but not 100% sure yet.
RIAT this last weekend was a great airshow. Went on Sunday, apparently better than the Saturday. Saw x2 A-2s, one ELC and one Cooper ;) Wore my AVI G-1 (review up soon)...Besides the insane jet displays, the transports were really impressive, matching the aerobatics of the smaller aircraft. The Lancaster, Spits and Hurricane... The P-51s and B-17 Sally B... were as ever, the highlights for me.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Has the ELC Autumn Popup shop been confirmed this year? I shall certainly go!

I was a little bit disappointed with the Saturday display, the weather wasn't helping. I guess it is typical at Fairford. But at least I've got the see the 'real' U2 and the B-1B. Should have booked tickets for both days and camp there overnight.

Brettafett

One Too Many
At RIAT on Sunday. Awesome show. Of course this was what I came etc see ;)
(wearing my brand spanking new AVI LTHR 55J14 G-1 reviews elsewhere).
AVI Leather G-1 019.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner