Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Federation in Tawny Fawn - Photographs?

MattJH

One Too Many
I see the color on HatsDirect and I was also able to find two photographs on COW, but I still can't tell exactly how it looks, what colors it would go with, etc. I was hoping somebody here owned one and wouldn't mind taking some true-color photographs of it and responding here with them. Any takers?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a Federation in Carbon Grey, a Casual in Carbon Gray, a Casual in Regency Fawn (Indent - waiting for it), and a Traveller in Regency Fawn. The Traveller is my knockabout wear-anywhere-with-anything hat and I absolutely love it. The Casuals are classic fedora shapes and the Traveller is a classic safari/outback shape (the shape is nearly identical to Josh Bernstein's from "Digging For The Truth" with a shorter brim, to give you an idea), so now I have a hole to fill for the big, non-tapered look. I don't want to get the Federation in mid-brown because it's just too Indiana Jones for me. The other option in my price range? Federation in Tawny Fawn.

I've entertained considering the Stylemaster, the Bogart, the CEO, the Swing, the Squatter, and the Sydney/Fedora as well, but I think those will have to wait for later purchases.

Wow, this became long-winded! What are people's impressions of the Tawny Fawn Federation and who has photographs they can show off?

Mark George

New in Town
Dumbjaw,

I have a Federation in tawny fawn, but I don't have any photos of it. I will take some later at home, time permitting. I wanted it for the same reason - to fill a niche for a color I did not have. My best description of the color would be "chocolate milk." It is definitely brown, but a light brown - not really tan. The ribbon is a darker brown, which makes a good combination. In fact, the photo on HatsDirect.com is pretty close.

I really like the looks of the hat, and I think it goes with the same colors a tan hat would. I am not the nattiest of dressers, so, I would defer to others about what goes with what. Much of the time, I wear it with Wranglers and brown cowboy boots, so I am clearly in no place to make that call.

I had the same criteria as you - I did not want it to look too much like Indiana Jones, and to that end, I put a tear drop crease in it. I have the same hat in carbon gray, and I think the felt is more pliable on the fawn hat. All in all, I am pleased with the color. I will try to get some pictures.

Mark

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I have a Campdraft in Regency Fawn, which I special ordered with Hats Direct. When inquiring, Ron didn't realize I had never seen Tawny Fawn, so he described Regency Fawn as being very similar, and if I liked one, I would like the other. Based on that and what the folks at COW have said, I'd feel confident about Tawny.
NB

MattJH

One Too Many
Mark George said:
I have a Federation in tawny fawn, but I don't have any photos of it. I will take some later at home, time permitting.

When time does permit, I'd love to see photographs. Thank you for the offer! My next purchase without question will be the Akubra Sydney Fedora. After that, I plan on getting either a Federation in Tawny Fawn to compliment my Federation in Carbon Grey (Mid Brown = not an option, too Indiana), or I'll be getting the International to complete my Lifestyle collection -- I have a Traveller (Regency Fawn) and two Casuals (Carbon Grey, with Regency Fawn on indent). I LOVE the pliofelt.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]I'm wearing one in my avatar.[/QUOTE]

Looks even nicer than I expected. I guess I know what my first fall-season purchase will be.
NB

Mark George

New in Town
Finally - pictures

DSCN0751.jpg

I finally got around to taking some pictures, but I am not sure they will be helpful. The flash tends to wash them out.

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Akubras and the National Aussie Debt

Dumbjaw said:
When time does permit, I'd love to see photographs. Thank you for the offer! My next purchase without question will be the Akubra Sydney Fedora. After that, I plan on getting either a Federation in Tawny Fawn to compliment my Federation in Carbon Grey (Mid Brown = not an option, too Indiana), or I'll be getting the International to complete my Lifestyle collection -- I have a Traveller (Regency Fawn) and two Casuals (Carbon Grey, with Regency Fawn on indent). I LOVE the pliofelt.

I can see the Aussie trade surplus growing as we speak. Keep it up all you foreigners!

ptjoe

Familiar Face
I'm torn between the Akubra FedIV in Moonstone and Regency Fawn as an all around hat to go with a variety of different color clothes.
Living in Florida I want a light color, but also a hat that can be used for casual wear with shorts and if need be with a brown or blue blazer.
What are your thoughts?Thanks.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm torn between the Akubra FedIV in Moonstone and Regency Fawn as an all around hat to go with a variety of different color clothes.
Living in Florida I want a light color, but also a hat that can be used for casual wear with shorts and if need be with a brown or blue blazer.
What are your thoughts?Thanks.
I don't consider Moonstone a "light" color. Go with the fawn. Fawn and blue contrast nicely and brown and fawn compliment one another. Moonstone may bit of a formal color for shorts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats