Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Chuck Bobuck said:
The Squatters crown is rounder, the Fed is more oval. There is some taper compared to the Fed. When I took the pic it had a diamond bash.
Fed_sq_bows.jpg

Thanks Chuck. That is a perfect comparison shot

babs

A-List Customer
Yep.. That settles it.. I gotta boycott the bay so I can save up to join the Campdraft club. I've already got a reverse-taper center-dent bash planned. Problem is.. I might have to keep saving up and order a Fed IV at the same time and get it over with. :) Of course I've said that once before then I get weak and score some vintage on ebay. I just have to say NOOOOOOO.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
Hell man! That's an Aussie hat - the appropriate rebel flag is the Southern Cross from the Eureka Stockade!

Hey, ET, I'm right with ya until I run out of ammo - then I'm going up to the bar and play 'Name that Koober' with Lefty and HPG.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Roninjedi said:
You Johnny Rebs are starting to convince me that I need to get a FEDeration IV a.s.a.p! lol

It looks like we may have Civil War brewing within the ranks of Akubra Overload :eek:.

I'll hold off the yahoo's,Roninjedi, while you go and retreive that Fed!

Belly up, Boys!

2798500214_5fb1acd59e.jpg

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
CRH said:
It looks like we may have Civil War brewing within the ranks of Akubra Overload :eek:.

I'll hold off the yahoo's,Roninjedi, while you go and retreive that Fed!

Belly up, Boys!

2798500214_5fb1acd59e.jpg

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to stop humming the tune to "Battle Hymn of the Republic" for awhile and start learning "Advance Australia Fair". I just placed my order for a Federation 4 in moonstone! This will be my very first fur felt hat. I'll raise a Fosters to y'all while I'm out with my girlfriend at Outback Steakhouse tonight (cheesy decor, great food).

Speaking of the Fed 4, my hat size is somewhere between 61 and 61.5 cm. I ordered a 62. D'you think I should invest in a hat jack to keep it wearable over time, or will it stabilize somewhere around my proper size?

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Congratulations and good choice on your first fur felt. It will seem large at first, but should eventually conform after wearing. I would hold off on a hat jack for now, you can always get one later if you need it. :)

rrog

A-List Customer
Roninjedi, you're going to really like that hat. I just got one in the same color. It's my second Fed IV and I'm looking forward to getting my third, in the not-too-distant future. Of course, we'll need pics when you get it.

rrog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters