Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

rrog

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
I think it looks great Randy. I favor the center dent on anything that looks ORish. :eusa_clap

I recently put a tear drop in my Stetson OR, but I'm tempted to do a center dent as well. That's what I've got in my Fed IV's and I'm just partial to that style.

rrog

Hamletsghost

New in Town
Hello Hat Friends
Sorry haven't been on in a couple weeks - Work & health issues have kept me offline. I have been remiss in posting pics of my now beloved Akubra Territory. (Definately lives up to the "Walking Veranda" nickname) Here's the rub. [huh] I cannot get the pics to attach to the post. I have been on other forums where I could just drag the pix from my docs to the page but not here - What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Brian :cool:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
You have to load your photos onto a site like Photobucket, then copy the properties (stop at the .jpg of the thread)...hit the "Insert image" icon above, and you should be set...

Hamletsghost

New in Town
:eusa_doh: Ok - Thanks for the help.
Sorry for the cell phone quality pics - I'm just out of the 35mm stone age and still learning.

My Walking Veranda - The Territory from EA (Thanks Sam) After a few weeks wear in.:D
2009-12-242313043.jpg

Just recieved & with a few white felt strips behind the sweatband (making wrinkles - now working out and should be removed soon)
mail.jpg

Himself - I will try for a better pic of the Chappeau on my noggin soon.
mail2.jpg

BLACKCLOUD

New in Town
Banjo Peterson vs. Leisure Time

I am probally asking this in the wronge place but, does any one know the difference between the two hats other than the price?

Thanks

BLACKCLOUD

theinterchange

One Too Many
Nope, you're not asking in the wrong place. The Banjo Patterson is Heritage felt while the Leisure Time is Imperial.

In plain language, the Banjo is a bit smoother in finish while the Leisure Time is a little rougher. The Heritage is a hare/rabbit mix while the Imperial is rabbit, a fact which has little effect on the finish, they just pounce [smooth] the Heritage a bit more. There's a slight difference in the sweatbands, too. They do look very similar in blockshape and bash. The Banjo Patterson has a Barrumundi leather band making it a bit nicer, too.

I'm not sure what long term advantage one felt has over the other. I own both Heritage and Imperial felt Akubras and can vouch for either being top notch, but couldn't honestly say to get one over the other. Just whichever you can afford or prefer.

Hope this helped, BLACKCLOUD!

Randy

rollercap

New in Town
Goose. said:
I'm guessing that's a good thing ;) In that case, thanks CRH!

HEY! Fresh from the US Gov't approved digital scale at the post office.
Woodfluter asked about weight difference bewteen the Federation IV Standard and the Deluxe.

So, I just got back from my assignment. Each hat was weighed three times to ensure accuracy.

3.8 oz. Sydney/Fedora
5.1 oz. Squatter
5.2 oz. Federation IV Deluxe
5.5 oz. Federation IV Standard

There ya go :)

Goose Thanks.
Just the information i was looking for. Time and time again I am amazed at the wealth of information that is available in this forum. Hat's off to the members for taking the time to research, scrutinize, photograph and post the information.

Regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum