Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Territory goes hunting in Wyoming

babs

A-List Customer
If you need a place to send some of that elk for entry into a roast bag with potatoes, onions, carrots and veggies, a little garlic and seasoning and into the oven.. I know just the address. :)

Nice Akubra!

rrog

A-List Customer
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the weather in Maine at least as bad as that found in Wyoming? I'm from the south and have never been to Wyoming or Maine, so I really don't know. But when I think of Maine, I think COLD!

rrog

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Those are some great pics! I just got back from a mule deer hunt in southwest Wyoming. It was my first western hunting trip. Curious what part of Wyoming you were in? We were south of Afton.
Thanks
Jed

Akubra

Familiar Face
dawgvet said:
Those are some great pics! I just got back from a mule deer hunt in southwest Wyoming. It was my first western hunting trip. Curious what part of Wyoming you were in? We were south of Afton.
Thanks
Jed

I was in the Jackson / Hoback area right near the snake river.

BTW..... for anyone who is interested... Maine is much colder than most of Wyoming.

People in Wyoming are fortunate in so far as they receive most of their snow as a result of elevation. We in Maine get an ass load of snow because we are the furthest north part of the lower 48. As a rule, Wyoming gets nice powder snow and we get heavy wet crap.

Erik

One of the Regulars
Congratulations on a successful hunt and thank you for sharing the pictures. As for the weather, did you experience the wind? The wind is a factor that, if encountered, must be factored into the equation. It can blow 'round those parts. Though the area you were in in somewhat sheltered by the topography.

Akubra said:
My Akubra Territory earned its cold weather stripes last week.

I took it to Wyoming on an Elk and Mule Deer hunt.

It worked flawlessly keeping rain and snow off my head while keeping my ears free to hear. Also, it looked pretty good the whole time if I do say so myself!!!:eusa_clap

Check out pictures here.......

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=614943a09c4f9963&sid=8AZNXDhq3atFGv8

Thanks for sharing. Really beautiful country out there and you look great in the Akubra. Also enjoy all the elk meat!

Akubra

Familiar Face
Erik said:
Congratulations on a successful hunt and thank you for sharing the pictures. As for the weather, did you experience the wind? The wind is a factor that, if encountered, must be factored into the equation. It can blow 'round those parts. Though the area you were in in somewhat sheltered by the topography.

No wind to speak of. I think the mountains did prevent that. Down on the plains the wind was considerable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo