Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you gents. This will be my last post. The reason can be found in the now closed "Loungers that you miss"-thread in the Observation Bar.
Stay calm and carry on. Se you at the VLJ Forum.
Ciao.

Welcome back Søren. Merry Xmas to you and your loved ones too chum.

Regards, Paddy

Overlymanlystyle

New in Town
OK I am very very sorry if this has been discussed throughout the discussion but 111 pages is quite a lot to go through... Has anyone bought or even tried on the Irvine from The Few?

The price is insane but it looks really legit... Especially knowing the prestige of that brand.
You can check the jacket here.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
OK I am very very sorry if this has been discussed throughout the discussion but 111 pages is quite a lot to go through... Has anyone bought or even tried on the Irvine from The Few?

The price is insane but it looks really legit... Especially knowing the prestige of that brand.
You can check the jacket here.

If you want a top of the line Irvin repro, Jon (Ace's High) is your man. Or get an ELC and replace the zippers with originals or repro hardware if you can. Either option will cost you less than one from The Few. Just my 2c worth.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Few make some excellent jackets. However their Irvin is not one of them. It is not an accurate repro in terms of the zips, finish and label. For far less money you can buy a decent wearable original, an ELC or Ace's High jacket, which are both accurate reproductions.

Overlymanlystyle

New in Town
Perfect!!! Thanks guys!

I'm wearing a B-2 from Buzz Rickson's at the moment but it's not warm enough... I understand why they switched to the B-3 rapidly...

Is the Irvine warm?

Overlymanlystyle

New in Town
aswatland you seem to be very knowledgeable regarding this model, I'm very new to it and looking at Ace's High's website. I see they have three models, which one would you recommend? (very wide question I know but...)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This winter I have been wearing this Irvin on a regular basis. This one is sufficiently large to wear a suit jacket underneath it. I'm sure you guys will be able to identify the maker from these photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo