Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All right, everyone *not* in North America..?

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
We've had roll calls for people in Texas, the Mid-West, South-East, New Yawk... So I thought it was about time to call the non-North-Americans out of hiding.

Hands up everybody who lives in the other 130-odd million square kilometres of Earth! :)

Me: I'm in Hamilton - Province of Waikato - the North Island - New Zealand - South Pacific.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
On the West end of the Pacific

OK. Right now, I'm in Tokyo, Japan.
By the route of, Tokyo - Nagoya (Japan) -Tokyo - Ankara, Turkey- Tokyo- Washington D.C.- and back to Tokyo.

Typhoons, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, you name it, we've got it ;)

Anybody coming to my neck of the woods...and finding need for an English speaking medical doctor, gimme a hollar, be glad to help you out! And of course, any info on Japan.

Been havin' GRAND fun, getting to know all of you. :cheers1:

whittaker_brown

New in Town
Hello from a chap in UK, London and Hampshire.

Been lurking here a little while. This seemed like a good opportunity to make an introduction. I'm passionate/nostalgic about 1920s and 1930s. Nice to find a place of like-minded folks.

Whittaker

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
jake431 said:
I might be looking to leave the US, got any suggestions? I need flight jacket weather.

-Jake
New Zealand, if it's a waterproof flight jacket. :p

The North Island if you like sun, rain, flooding, and earthquakes. The South Island if you like sun, snow, flooding, and drought. :D

macawber

Familiar Face
I live in the (antipodes) Australia. Canberra is the nations capitol, and I enjoy living here very much. Canberra is a bush capitol, there are large tracts of bushland between suburbs, so your not very far away from bushland. 5 minutes from my house is native bushland, where you can walk your dog view Kangaroos or wildflowers. 15 minutes takes me to the Australian war memorial, a museum that is about all the wars Australia has participated in. Australians have a great respect for there veterans, in fact it defines this country.
Australia is a good place to wear hats and leather jackets too!

Raffles

New in Town
I'm in suuny Glasgow, Scotland

Trongate%201914.jpg

missjo

Practically Family
Raffles said:
I'm in suuny Glasgow, Scotland

Trongate%201914.jpg

Im so yalous, ive always loved scotland, sadly havent yet had the time or money to go have a visit :(
My kind of weather, honest.
Ever since I was 4 years old I wanted to live in a old medieval keep near a loch somewhere in the highlands...
One day...

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Zach R. said:
I'm thinking about doing a study-abroad program next year after my first semester, probably in New Zealand or Australia. Any places I should avoid going to school at? :p
Are you meaning university-level?

I can't speak for Australia... But NZ has five main universities, and lots of polytechnics, private training establisments, etc... I'm not sure that 'techs etc. offer study-abroad programmes.

As for recommending a university, it depends on what you want to study, how much you have to spend on living costs, and what you want to do in your spare time. :) If you want to let me know that sort of thing, either in the forum or PM, I can give you some NZ-based pointers.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Yes, University level.

Money really isn't an issue, the state program I am going through uses the money that I would pay for going to the school here(UNC at Chapel Hill in this instance) to go to another "international-partner" school in the system.

The specific website for the university's partners is down at the moment, but a college in NZ is my first choice, rather than Australia(no offense to Aussies, of course). :p

PS: Bob, UNC is one of the only two U.S. universities currently licensed to send undergraduates to study in Cuba. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24