Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All the King's Men

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
Sean Penn?

cookie said:
Any views on this 1940/50s period film? I thought Sean Penn was awesome. His La. back country accent seems so authentic I could not understand his dialogue at times y'all....

Sean Penn??
The surly, mush mouthed "NOLA boatman", political nincompoop who hob nobs with Commie Dictator Hugo Chevez??

He was in "All the King's Men"?

Not the film I saw. Sir David Jason as Captain Frank Beck however was.
An outstanding performance, from an outstanding performer.

There was another "All the King's Men" with Broderick Crawford. That was a very good film indeed.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Gideon Ashe said:
Sean Penn??
The surly, mush mouthed "NOLA boatman", political nincompoop who hob nobs with Commie Dictator Hugo Chevez??

He was in "All the King's Men"?

Not the film I saw. Sir David Jason as Captain Frank Beck however was.
An outstanding performance, from an outstanding performer.

There was another "All the King's Men" with Broderick Crawford. That was a very good film indeed.

Yeah everyone know Sean is a complete knuckle politically speaking but he is a great actor no doubt about it....I am gonna get that Broderick Crawford film out soon...

Hondo

One Too Many
Right! Broderick Crawford, I was impressed when I first saw "All The Kings men"
I also enjoyed him in "The Highway Patrol" 10-4 and Out! lol

Doctor Strange said:
I wasn't impressed... The first version with Broderick Crawford from 1950 is a far, far better film.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I watched the (new) "All the King's Men" for the second or third time last night and enjoyed the film very much. If you've ever dabbled in politics much at all, you will know that there are a lot of things in the film that are true to life.

I really liked the character Willie Stark's political speeches. I wish I could get a .wav or MP3 file copy of them - especially the "nail them up" speech. anyone know of a source?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I liked the original. Didn't see the remake. Huey Long is a fascinating character. So was his brother, the one the movie Blaze was about. What was his name????

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I recently..

.. recieved a copy of the new remake and liked it!! The camera angles and dialogue, along with a very "driving" sound track helped bring out the determination of Penn's main character. I also liked the supporting characters, locations and costuming. It reminded me a bit of the Jack Nicholson movie Hoffa... But better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran