Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds:How many??

Allen Edmonds:How many?

Votes: 10 17.9%

Votes: 9 16.1%

• more than 5 pair

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

Zwitter

New in Town
Brian Sheridan said:
OMG - 250 pairs! What a inheritance. Did he work in the clothing industry?
Brian,
My father was an accountant by profession, his hobbies were old cars, cameras and shoes. Was also happily married to my very tolerant mother for 65 years!

bradford

Familiar Face
I have 8 pairs of AE's, if I'm not forgetting any.

My favorites would have to be my McCallister's in a cordovan, reddish, color although my black Park Avenues would be up there as well.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered them yesterday, and they arrived this afternoon by UPS. I now have three pairs of Allen Edmonds. One is all black McClain, one pair is black & white McClain spectator. And my newest pair is brown chromexel Bayfield bootsl. All are seconds & I am very happy with them all. I am even considering swapping out the mini-lug sole on the Bayfields for some Cats Paw soles & heels.

Lou

One of the Regulars
I have a pair of Wilbert I bought to go with the khaki pants I usually wear. It's amazing how they make a pair of khakis look so much better than the khakis do with any of my other shoes. And they're so comfy. They won't be my last pair of AE.

Lgrant

New in Town
I have two pairs of black McNeil long-wing wingtips (the same kind my dad bought me for my first pair of business-wear shoes with I was 18, some 40-plus years ago), and a pair of black Mayfairs. I just ordered a pair of black Lloyd wingtips from EBay. I don't really like the idea of wearing a pair of shoes that have already molded themselves to another man's feet, but I'm going to immediately send them off to AE for recrafting, so that ought to straighten them out (and I'll save about $100 over buying a new pair).

Still on the agenda for buying are a pair of black Boca Ratons for summer, and a pair of black-and-white Broadstreets. (I really like the walnut and bone ones, too, but I just don't know how to wear brown shoes.)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Only three pairs I've all gotten second hand: Park Avenue black captoe oxford (my go to for formal wear shoes since they take a nice shine); more casual brogued captoe blucher in brown that are on their last legs; and a set of split toe, rubber soled French hunting style shoes (I think in the US we call them Norwegians?). All pretty good shoes.

D

Deleted member 16736

None yet, but I'm planning at least three pairs, all in the 1 last: Sheltons in walnut/bone calf, Leeds in black shell, and Bradleys in burgundy shell. That should keep me busy for a while.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
4 pair:

Park Avenue captoe in black

Brooks Brothers Park Avenue captoe in black, rubber half sole at the forefoot

Ralph Lauren Saunders Brown suede chukka made by AE

Ralph Lauren Sanderson brown wingtips made by AE

last three pairs were gotten in the last two weeks, $129 on sale through the shoebank

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
Only one pair for me so far. A pair of black Richmonds that I stole on ebay for under $40. They are in excellent condition, but I think I'm going to have them recrafted before I start wearing them, so I have fresh soles to form to my own feet.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Allen Edmonds - a few. This morning I am appling conditioner creme and creme polishes to perhaps a dozen pairs of shoes. I have more travel later this week and not sure of which shoes will accompany me. Polish cloths, cremes of different colors and spare shoe trees are stacked to the side.

My shoes get worn. Not mis-treated, but worn. The AE brand has done me well over the many years. Several of the pairs of shoes have been with me many decades. Not a fancy shot, but here are most of my AE shoes.

IMG_4350-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy