Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Shoes won on eBay!

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
I won both these Allen Edmonds shoes today on eBay. The Shelton went for $27.21 and the Cody went for $27.01. I plan to send both pairs to be factory refurbished at Allen Edmonds. Both shoes new list for $305.00 each!

39643984_o.jpg

39643961_o.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Just curious, but for roughly the same cost of the shoes and recrafting ($95+27), can't you find new AE on eBay? [huh]

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
Usually used Allen Edmonds Cody shoes in my size go for $150.00 plus on eBay. I have never seen a NEW pair in 11 D ever offered. The Allen Edmonds Shelton's in 11 D are hard enough to find used on eBay. Never seen them ever NEW on eBay. Now if I purchased both pairs brand new, total cost would be $610.00. I spent $54.22 for both pair before refurbishing so I think the math speaks for itself.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Great shoes...

I love the Codys, too. AE sells seconds for about $225, but that's STILL about $100 more than you paid. I've seen lots of pairs of Cody's with little chips missing out of them, FWIW.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Sheldons

Are the Sheldons a wide AE last? Because sometimes I am an AE 10.5E and other times an 11D+.

You may have got lucky as well if those Sheldons were not the modern cobbler leather jobs.

I have been hanging out for a pair - musta missed 'em!

moustache

Practically Family
Congrats!

They look delightful. I have done well on ebay with AE's.I now have three pair.I would love a new pair but the price just prohibits that :p

Well done.

JD

cookie

I'll Lock Up
AEs on the 'Bay

Sometimes you can't believe how cheap they can be because the owners are so slack they don't even give them a polish for sale. Like selling an untidy or dirty house. A pair sold in an 11 E size the other day for USD3!

PS maybe the Sheldons don't need recrafting just elbow grease or a new sole from a cobbler.

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
Update

Received both pairs of shoes today and noted the following. The AE Cody's look and feel brand new. I was astonished why anyone would want to part with a $305.00 pair of shoes that were virtually new! They definitely do not need recrafting. The AE Sheltons will be sent to AE for recrafting. They will need the Prestige package at $120.00. (I need a good pair of cedar shoe trees for these shoes). I feel it will be money well worth spent.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
AEs

That's good news and a great find. Please send before and after recrafting pix.

Re throwing away good shoes ....as we used to say up the pointy end - one man's (first class meat) is another man's crew meal!

Duck

Practically Family
Looks like you really scored! By all means, please post before and after pics. I would be very interested in seeing the results.

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
$300 shoes for $30? I really ought to start using flea bay. What scares me off are the numbers of rip-off artists and outright theives that congregate there.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MaximOfSurrey said:
What scares me off are the numbers of rip-off artists and outright theives that congregate there.
In most cases the bad actors are pretty easy to identify by their history. It's the new sellers that can be dicey, I just don't deal with them.

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
True... then of course there are those who are simply incompetent. Plus, I like being able to see in person what it is I'm buying.

"GREAT SUIT! LOOK! VINTAGE RETRO EMO ROCKABILLY HIPSTER 1960'S!!!!!!"

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MaximOfSurrey said:
Plus, I like being able to see in person what it is I'm buying.
Well then you're going to have to do a lot of traveling. ;) Seriously, if the seller has a liberal return policy then one is essentially buying on approval. I've done this on several occasions, though the shipping costs can be a bit hard to digest at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy