Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Shoes...

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
AE

TwoToneDeuce said:
Hampstead:
Hampstead.jpg

These would be my choice of the ones mentioned, though I like AE Broadstreets.

I will echo the sentiments of the rest of the group. AE's are wonderful shoes. There are better but few in the $2-300 price point. Aldens and Greens being the others that pop into mind at that price.

-D

I have 5 pair of AE's and love them all. 3 pair dress, 2 pair casual. My fav is the basketweave Chili Lauderdale, similar to the Hampstead but with a cap toe. I just ordered a pair of the super casual 'ramblers' for winter wear & to give my eastports a rest.

Update: after waiting 5 weeks for the Ramblers, I need to go down a size, not sure what happened, I am usually a size 9 but these were too large. Might be caused by the gusset combined with the super soft leather. But the bottom line is another 3 week wait.

Canadave

One Too Many
Fletch said:
I got one pair each of Broadstreets about ten years ago (black/white and brown/white - they've since discontinued the brown...

18729.jpg

I believe you can still custom order the brown. I think Zohar might have done that about a year ago.

David

Barry

Practically Family
Canadave said:
I believe you can still custom order the brown. I think Zohar might have done that about a year ago.

David

AE offers a number of options. I know they'll do Broadstreets in chili or chestnut for an additional $100.

Barry

undertaker

Practically Family
moustache said:
Well,i have finally acquired a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes! Looked for a good price and found one.So here they are. A little used,but in delightful condition.And they fit beautifully.

And all of my nice shoes now have cedar shoe trees!!!

JD

aelarge.jpg
Great Shoes!! These are what my Dad called "a man's shoe", You can't wear them out.
I have two pair of Florshiem Royal Imperials (very simulair to these AEs), brown and black that are about 30 years old. They both came from thrift store and both are my hard to find narrow widths. I think I paid around $7.00 a pair for them and wear them daily. I also have two pairs a AEs Broadstreets
(Brn\W and Blk\W) that I wear for my more "dressy" shoes and I love them as well.

Regards.
J.S.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
moustache said:
Well,i have finally acquired a pair of Allen Edmonds shoes! Looked for a good price and found one.So here they are. A little used,but in delightful condition.And they fit beautifully.

And all of my nice shoes now have cedar shoe trees!!!

Congratulations on both counts! Those are fine looking shoes.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I special ordered my first pair of AE's at one of their outlet stores here in NC yesterday...."Wilbert" size 14-A. I hope I like them. It's a casual shoe.

guitone

Familiar Face
moustache said:
I have seen these offered at Nordstroms in Portland.Prices are a bit steep for me but i would love to have a pair or two.

JD

The Niles would be my pick for color and style. I had a pair in but the new 8 last does not like my foot and the 5 last does not work (Park Ave). If the Niles came in an A width I might be able to make it work, but as of now they do not.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I just bought a pair of Allen Edmond's Dryden style in a 9 e in the Mocha color.

The most beautiful part abot these leather soled shoes is that they have a poron padding in the inner sole which makes them extremely comfortable in which to walk.

I hope they start adding this to their other models.

The other benefit is to the leather sole. following in the footsteps of more expensive UK companies, Allen Edmonds is putting rubber into the leather.

827-174236-2.jpg

827-174236-1.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
I just bought a pair of Allen Edmond's Dryden style in a 9 e in the Mocha color.

The most beautiful part abot these leather soled shoes is that they have a poron padding in the inner sole which makes them extremely comfortable in which to walk.

I hope they start adding this to their other models.

The other benefit is to the leather sole. following in the footsteps of more expensive UK companies, Allen Edmonds is putting rubber into the leather.

Nice shoes. I'm presently wearing some brown Park Avenues with the Poron insoles, and they are indeed quite comfortable.

I wonder if the rubber inserts will help the soles not wear out as quickly. That's the biggest problem I have with leather-soled shoes. I've worn holes in the soles of too many pairs, and getting them resoled is expensive.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
An interesting part of vintage shoes is the many types of cushioning I find. Whether it be Florsheim from the 40's or Allen Edmonds or nunn Bush, they seem to have cushioning or are cupping the heel. The modern counterparts don't have these innovations. The vvintage versions actually fel better. Having the Poron insole in a way is a step tward the past though a step toward how the past was more comfortable. I need to find out where all the cushioning went and where the idea of leather and cork being the only thing between you and the ground caame back to being the chosen when it comes to expensive dress shoes.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Take them to Nordstrom...

Orgetorix said:
I've worn holes in the soles of too many pairs, and getting them resoled is expensive.
Ask them to put "zip soles" on the front. They wear about as fast as the rubber heels, and "zips and heels" run about $35. I haven't worn a sole since I had them start doing this for me a couple of years ago.

Not sure if ALL Nordies in the area do this, but Montgomery Mall does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic