Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alpha B-15/MA-1

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
nice jacket, but i personally prefer a model ma1 and b15 vintage series that is shorter in length
and sory i didn't like the removable collar on the B-15

but first of all only oryginal contract MA1 .(i have contract from 67y) it has still a first class workmanship and material quality

Me too for the vintage series compared to modern Chinese Alpha :)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Just to clarify Nick, your B-15 and MA-1 are the same "weight", same insulation thickness, etc? If so, is it accurate to say your B-15 is the same as your MA-1 except with a fur collar? Thanks.

I'd say pretty much so. I can clarify for you, but if they were markedly different I'd have noticed.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ Thanks. That was my sense from what you're posted and what I've read on the interweb. The original MA-1 jackets of course were just B-15 jackets with the collars chopped off, same weight, etc.

As for you guys who always push originals, yeah I get it, but originals and repros are too damn short for me!

Last edited:

jeanramar

New in Town
nice jackets!
o.png

ProteinNerd

I'm just looking at the alpha industries site now. S is the L2-B the same as but just a lighter version of the MA-1?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I'm just looking at the alpha industries site now. S is the L2-B the same as but just a lighter version of the MA-1?
If you're looking at the U.S. website then be careful, they have traditional fit jackets (MA-1, N2B, N3B, B-15) and slim-fit jackets (MA-1, L2B, B-15). I don't know how the slim fit jackets fit yet, but from what little I've been able to gather on the interweb they seem to fit slimmer in the chest but long in the sleeves. The jackets which Nick123 posted earlier in this thread are the traditional fit models.

And yes, the L2B is a non-insulated version of the MA-1, it's basically a nylon shell with nylon or something liner. The MA-1 is the same except it has polyfill insulation between the shell and liner.

ProteinNerd

Great, thanks for the help.

I actually have one of their slim fit M-65s which I like, fits me much better than the normal version.

Apparently there is a stockist now in Sydney so I might try and head over there soon and try them out.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Great, thanks for the help.

I actually have one of their slim fit M-65s which I like, fits me much better than the normal version.

Apparently there is a stockist now in Sydney so I might try and head over there soon and try them out.
Please try on the regular fit and slim fit at the store, if they have both fits. I'd really like to get some real-world info on the differences in fit i.e. chest tightness, body length, sleeve length. Thanks.

ProteinNerd

Its a bit of a hike from where I live but when I get around to it, ill try and get some pics etc and post them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails