Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alright, so who was it that outbid me on this??

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311050328393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Could this be a record for ebay?? :eeek:
I honestly can't believe this is real though. The paper used in comics and most periodicals of the day (and even more recently) was just wood pulp digested with acid. Cheap and easy to make and not meant to last any length of time really. Invariably it turns yellow and gets brittle after only a few years in most cases. How could this have survived for all these years without yellowing?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That person must have a very good income, to pay over three million dollars for it! However, the man on the bottom left of that cover always reminded me of Donald Trump. Who knows?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If only I had kept my old comics, I'd be a thousandaire today. :eusa_doh:

You know, we always seem to not think about things like that at the time. My Husband had a 1963 split window Corvette, low milage and in top 10 shape right before he joined the Military. Sold that vette for $4,500.00 to the first buyer that had cash...today...the car would be worth maybe a Hundred Grand? Who Knew????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot