Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Always Coca-Cola? Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing!

Worth repeating for emphesis. (K)

(K) Kosher for Passover! Some of the big soda brands do special runs in the spring time at Passover that are Kosher and use cane sugar instead of corn syrup as corn is not considered Kosher. Look for the (K) in the circle and try those to see if they are better for your tastes.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Just yesterday evening, I was coincidentally sipping my American non-sugared Coca Cola, and I was reading this thread. I agree that Mexican Coca Cola (from what I remember) tastes better than that sold here in the U.S. as a whole.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
I'm tellin' ya... try the Pepsi Throwback!

I have just last Sunday at a party, and I remember it being really good. It's definitely better than the regular Pepsi cola. There is just a noticeable, yet better difference.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
The packaging is great, too. Hope pepsico keeps it around.

Mexican coke is wonderful stuff. Nothing beats getting a soda in an ice cold, curvy glass bottle. No obnoxious promotions or tie ins, small print, flashes... just real soda. That doesn't make the back of your throat feel gross, like HFCS.
Not sure about it having corn syrup, my bottle here just says cane sugar.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bustercat said:
Hope pepsico keeps it around.

The last few years have been interesting in regards to Pepsi brand sodas. Mountain Dew introduced several different flavours. Code Red cherry, Livewire orange, & some sort of Midnight Grape soda. The last one didn't take, but the other two did. I remember all three only being around for "a limited time". However two out of the three are now regulars at your local stop-n-shop. If the Pepsi, Mountain Dew, & Dr. Pepper throwbacks sell good enough, I can't see why they would pull them from the shelves. I am personally willing to pay an extra 25 or 30 cents for real sugar instead of HFCS.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Aside from the flavored varieties, we have three varieties of the diet/low sugar coke in jolly old England.

In order my flavour preference:
#1 Diet Coke - Caffeine Free
#2 Coke Zero
#3 Diet Coke (too me this is rather watery)

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I don't drink much soda, but when I do it's usually Diet Coke. Used to drink the regular version (before and after '84) til I had it coming out my ears! :p But these days I aim for water and tea more (gotta give it up for hydration in this heat and humidity).

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
I noticed a local supermarket selling Pepsi Throwback made with real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

I noticed that as well as the heritage Dr. Pepper & Throwback Mountain Dew at a gas station the next county over. Maybe they are around for good now.

I did only notice them in 12 pack cans. I didn't see any in the 20 oz bottles in the cooler.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
My personal favorite is the Dr. Pepper with the real sugar. Saw some at a local super market a while back in tall cans. Wish I could run across them again

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
The "Throwback" Pepsi, Mountain Dew & Dr. Pepper are back until I believe September. So get while the gettin's good. I love the Mnt Dew myself.

They should just go back to using sugar and be done with it instead of these limited release things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters