Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing 30's/40's Tweed Sportcoat In Unusual Color

Mario

I'll Lock Up
The fabric is really amazing: gray with black and flecks of royal blue. Note the chin strap.
I'd think the jacket is from the 30's rather than the 40's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220944277953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

543074559_o.jpg

543074516_o.jpg

543074924_o.jpg

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
I was hoping that through some act of god, this would go unnoticed by no one but myself. Now it's being advertised. Drat!

That said, the shoulders are really wide, if the measurements prove correct. I've been getting a bit more adventurous lately with exaggerated shoulder dimensions lately, but I'm not sure I could pull this off. 19" on a jacket of this size is pretty extreme.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
In all due honesty it might actually be completely pointless to post found items here as most loungers have their own saved ebay searches - which will inevitably bring up most of the vintage items that we cherish so here at the Lounge anyway. The ones that end up here are usually those which are especially interesting.

As to the measurements: You mean that a 19" shoulder appears to be really wide given the relative shortness of the jacket?

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
Given the size. I'm a 36, and the chest and length are perfect for me. But I've found that 18" is about as far as I can push the shoulders before they start to become too much. It might just be my build and dimensions, though, preventing me from pulling off such width.

It's a pretty incredible jacket, though. I'll probably bid regardless.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's for items that are still for sale too. Difference from the Classifieds it doesn't have to be you auction if you post a thread. Don't worry. Many suits and sportcoats didn't go up in the price after they where mentioned here. Collectors will find them anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner