Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andykev

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A little bit of history...2003!

Was trying to find the first mail that referred to Art...wonder if this is the one?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gawd, has it been 10 years, Miss N?

Yes. It has been at least 10 years. I think I bought my first "vintage" hat from Art when he had his first shop in Crockett, CA. It was in the old hardware store. He was vacuuming water from the floods .....seeped onto his floor from the wall. Then Art bought an old bank in Rodeo, CA. Complete with a full walk in vault and heavy door.

I helped Art set up his shop in Rodeo, visited his storage shed (at his home) in El Sobrante......hefted some dang heavy machinery up some narrow stairs. We used to do lunch at least twice a month at our favorite Mexican spot a block from his shop. I took Art flying in my Beechcraft and we posted those pictures on the Lounge a long time ago. They are likely deleted.

Then I have seen Art working locally on stone projects....

Dang. A lot goes on in 10 years.

And your call tonight. I missed your call, but my prayers are with you, my dear friend, that the procedure will go well. I will call in a day or so when you are out of the hospital.

Yes..I do need to see you and come up and visit.

I fixed the airplane, and have my flight review scheduled in about two weeks. Then you can pick me up at the Medford Airport. Weather should be great thru October.

I have another week's vacation too.

Hummmmm....should be about 3 hours from Concord, CA.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Apologies Art, was not trying to confuse. I was just trying to dig out a little history from the lounge. Needless to say, our thoughts are with you over this period, and our support. Take care, Sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW