Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anj-3 makers?

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I have an original mil spec AN-J-3 for sale in a 44-46 if you're interested (although it does has eps)?

KELORGO

New in Town
I have one of the Sporty's AN-J-3s from when they were made in the States and it is nice. Also take a look at Pop's Leather. Their G1 has a removable fur collar and is sweet in calfskin. Also, take a look at the Orchard jackets being offered on ebay. They will make you a G1 without the fur collar. They sell for about $400 in horsehide and half that in cowhide. I don't have any experience with the Orchard jackets, but have emailed them and have been told they are newly made.

None of the above jackets have epaulets. You can order the Pop's or the Orchard with or without hidden hand warmer pockets. The Sporty's has them as standard. The only other difference between the Sporty's and the others is that the Sporty's has the traditional A2 snap down collar, while the others have a rounded lay down collar.
KELORGO

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Hi Kelorgo!

I have one of the Sporty's AN-J-3s from when they were made in the States and it is nice.

Where are they made now? China? The comments on their web say the jacket is too thin. I don't know. I prefer to spend more in a quality jacket.

Also take a look at Pop's Leather.

Yeah, I definitely have to try Pop's stuff someday. A removable thinsulate liner is very appealing to me.

take a look at the Orchard jackets being offered on ebay. They will make you a G1 without the fur collar. They sell for about $400 in horsehide and half that in cowhide. I don't have any experience with the Orchard jackets, but have emailed them and have been told they are newly made.

Do they have any web page to check their products?

KELORGO

New in Town
The leather on the Sporty's I have is a heavy as the heavier sample I received from US Authentic (USAs seal brown). It has great grain and seems tough, but lightweight. It's a great spring/fall jacket. Mine was made in the US, but I believe they are now made in Pakistan. From what I've read, Pakistan produces nice goatskin. For the money, the Sporty's is a nice jacket. It also most closely resembles the AN-J-3 out of the jackets I mentioned, since it has the A2 collar. I actually like the look of this collar the best, but the lay down and rounded collar of the Pop's is much more comfortable when sitting and/or driving.

The calfskin on the Pop's is like a high end fashion leather. Mine is black and still shows some nice grain.

Orchard does have a website, but I've mostly emailed them through ebay. I think the website is something like Orchard Motorcycle Distributing. I have to check to see if their horsehide G1/ANJ3 is new, or something I just newly noticed.

As somebody mentioned above, Gibson & Barnes sells an AN-J-3. I don't like the outside wind flap as much, nor do I prefer epaulets.

Good luck in your search!
Keith

KELORGO

New in Town
The Orchard Branded website is www.800branded.com Wow, wasn't even close to remembering it correctly! The G1 is on page 14. You can get a better look at their jackets on ebay, where they sell under 800brandedcom and OrchardMotorcycledist.inc. Search "cowhide G1" and sometimes "horsehide G1". Seems like their prices are a little better on ebay as well.
Keith

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I briefly owned a secondhand Aero model a couple of years ago. Very impressive, just too small. A clear size smaller than the same labelled size AN6552. I don't recall whether there were epaulettes, though I am sure they could make you one that way. Of course, given current backlog it might be a while.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Hi Edward :)

I saw your jacket on the thread you posted when you sold it. It looked nice but it had epaulets. Is it epaulets in English or epaulettes? The later sounds french to me :)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Epaulettes in English too (we have stolen many words from the French over the years); epaulets in American.

Stand By

One Too Many
I have the Aero ANJ-3 - without epaulettes. I can vouch for it whole-heartedly.
I posted photos on the FL a few months ago ...

Edward

Bartender
Hi Edward :)

I saw your jacket on the thread you posted when you sold it. It looked nice but it had epaulets. Is it epaulets in English or epaulettes? The later sounds french to me :)

Ah! I have photos somewhere, but I only had the jacket for a few days, owing to sizing issues... Yes, if it had them, they were definitely epaulettes. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy