Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Fedora Lounge Launches a Magazine

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I am a magazine publisher by trade and I have decided to launch a new title based on the content we have here. It is called Classic Style and will debut at our Queen Mary event in November.

Classic Style will be sold quarterly in the USA and later to the foreign markets. Never the less, we will have international subscribers. The content will cover many of the areas talked about here. People who are into classic style, don't see it as just clothes. It permeates their lifestyle. It is not only what they wear, it is where they live, what they listen to, where they eat, what they drive, where they vacation and so on. Therefore Classic Style will be a lifestyle magazine covering all aspects of life but with an emphases on apparel.

It will not be a "vintage" magazine, per se. We are not just focusing on the past. We will show how to achieve classic style today using the golden era as a compass. Of course we will look at people with great style, past and present.

My publishing company is gearing up for the premiere issue, but most of our team won't actually be working on it until July. We will have a website soon and I will keep you posted as things develop.

This an exciting time. There is nothing really like it out there. We are going against the grain of casual, low-raise, grunge and sloppy that is so prevalent in today's culture....but as it has been said, only dead fish swim down stream. We could lead the charge of the pendulum swinging the other way.

At any rate, I know that this joint is going to explode when Classic Style hits the newsstand.;)

You can read more in our media kit:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/Media_kit_web.pdf

In the premiere issue:

The Return of The Hat. A look at the recent popularity of dress hats. Included will be a quick guide to styles and terminology.

Gallery of Current Hat Wearers Today.

Cary Grant: Style Icon from the Golden Era

Classic Style Christmas Gifts.

City of The Angels: A look at LA's classic hot spots.

A Current Classic Style Celebrity:TBD. Sam Rami, director of Spiderman is my first choice.

Included in every issue will be a classic car, classic home and a fashion shoot showing you how to put it all together with contemporary clothes today.

More to come.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Congratulations!
This is wonderful news.
We are all anxiously awaiting for the first issue.
I am certain it will be a resounding success.
I sincerely hope your publishing company will be offering advanced subscriptions. I would sign up right now.
I am very excited for this project! :eusa_clap

Novella

Practically Family
How exciting! That sounds absolutely fantastic and would hopefully introduce vintage culture and classy dressing to a wider audience who have no idea what they're missing out on.

matei

One Too Many
This is great news MK!!!

Just the other day I was perusing the magazine section at Borders here in Islington, wishing that there was a periodical that addressed a classic lifestyle.

Your timing is excellent! :eusa_clap

I believe that there is a market for this type of publication - the sheer number of FL members proves that.

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
Excellent, fantastic, wonderful!!

Where can those of us who are too shy to attend the QM event expect to see an issue on the newstands?

Jonni (who wonders if her very un-vintage/classic area of Florida will even carry such a magazine, it might threaten the flip-flop wearing tourists.) ;)

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
MK,

This is very good news...it should be a lot of fun for you...

Should I change my avatar before the magazine comes out ??? I wouldn't want to ruin the image of the FL in any way !!!!

Unless you want to put me on the intial front cover ....lol

Mark the shoeshine boy

Flash Gordon

Familiar Face
Hotcha!

It's about time...and MK's just the guy to do it!

I can imagine all the departments and features to be included in the magazine, and there will never be a dearth of material. Why, I can think of at least four issues worth of articles. And the photos...just imagine the photos!

Congratulations! Where do I sign up for my charter subscription?

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
New Magazine...

So are there any hints as to the “regular columns” in the new magazine?
I see you said style so, would that include etiquette and such?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24