Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another ebay question!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Nothing was mentioned about a reserve. I did bid against myself but I do that all the time and it always takes the lesser bid.
I even got an email for the first lower bid, stating that it had been placed for 6.75, so right then it was already higher than the 4.25 "starting price".

And why do some auctions show the entire bidder's list and some don't?
Good thing this wasn't a really high priced item, I'd be having a fit! Still ticks me off.

Same thing on this auction of thiers that I won.. plus apparently two of us bidders bid exactly the same? Just seems fishy!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=280148154452

I'm afraid to even contact the seller with my concerns because I really want this stupid lace, ugh! :(

Nikki

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
According to the auction you bought two of the items. ;) Click on "bidders list" link to see. There was more than one bidder, too, because they had more than one of the items.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yes, but on the second auction I wanted both items, and since I was the only bidder the price should've been 2 X $4.25. Right??? I'm still confused.
Nikki

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't get those multiple win auctions either:eusa_doh:
You're right Nikki, it just doesn't make sense. I clicked on the link that supposedly explains multiple win auctions, but that didn't make much sense to me either! Sorry I can't help you out:(

Either way, you got yourself 2 truly gorgeous pieces of Venetian lace, at an incredible price! They really are lovely! How do you plan on using them? Trim for a lovely dress perhaps?? When I went to Venice last year one of the things that I really, really wanted to get was some Venetian lace so I could have some things made like a table runner, place mats, and perhaps for a veil for when I get married. But, the Venetian lace dealers are quite strict, to put it politely. They won't let you in the store unless you promise to buy something! They have all of the lace piled up in messy window displays, so it's hard to decipher the different types of lace that they had. I couldn't tell a table cloth from a dress, or what the fabric looked like in yardage. Also I wanted to make sure that I was getting the best price, which meant I wanted to look at a few different shoppes before I purchased. But, these guys sure were strict. I couldn't just buy something without touching it or at least seeing it up close. You pointed at what you wanted in the window, they package it up for you and you don't see it until you unwrap the package when you get home. It was just too tough that I ended up not buying any:(

So, the point of my rambling is, you've got yourself a beautiful set of lace there and the price really is incredible!! I'm gonna have to keep my eye out, for I've really wanted to get my hands on Venetian lace for a while.
I hope you enjoy yours, it's so very pretty!!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Daisy Buchanan said:
I don't get those multiple win auctions either:eusa_doh:
You're right Nikki, it just doesn't make sense. I clicked on the link that supposedly explains multiple win auctions, but that didn't make much sense to me either! Sorry I can't help you out:(
A lot of things about ebay don't make much sense! :eusa_doh: Trying to change a couple of things I have listed now. What an agonizingly s....l....o....w nightmare! :(

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you everyone. I just hate when I don't understand something! I'll just pay it and get over it... even tho it's twice the amount, lol! It's just that I'll need more for my project so I'm trying to stay as cheap as I can.

Daisy that store sounded really neat, but I probably would've done the same as you.
I'm planning on having Scarlett's Christmas dinner dress from GWTW made, so I need different laces for the collar and sleeves. I really do like the ones I found tho! At least I snagged the fabric for less that $5 per yard! :D

Here's the dress, I'm thinking venice lace with rouched lace on top.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85469550@N00/1345032294/in/set-72157601904689562/
1345032294_5f57166bfd.jpg

Nikki

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer-multiple.html

Says:

When you bid on a Multiple Item Auction, you specify the number of items you're interested in and the price you're willing to pay per item.
Important: For Multiple Item Auction listings, you cannot use eBay's automatic bidding system to enter a maximum (or “proxy”) bid. (For more information, see Bidding on eBay.) Winning bidders will pay a price equal to the lowest winning bid. Winning bids are selected in order of bid price per item. For example, a bid for 5 units at $12 per unit is ranked above a bid for 10 units at $11 per unit. If two bids have the same price per item, the earlier bid is given priority.

The part where it says Cannot use automatic to enter a maximum...is what is important here I beleive. You bid 7.56. In this type of auction with multiples, that means 7.56, not -up to 7.56- like it would in a normal auction.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
WOW... ok, so the way I understand that is if I had put in a bid of $20 I would've had to pay that? Or no?
Sure isn't fair. Thank goodness I didn't bid any higher than I did! :eek:
Still seems rather sneaky, since you don't know that you can't use proxy bidding on multiples. (which I've bid on before and never had a problem..)

Thank you Miss Neecerie for looking this up, I was trying to read up on the bidding part of ebay and didn't see that.
Nikki

Miss Neecerie said:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer-multiple.html

Says:

When you bid on a Multiple Item Auction, you specify the number of items you're interested in and the price you're willing to pay per item.
Important: For Multiple Item Auction listings, you cannot use eBay's automatic bidding system to enter a maximum (or “proxy”) bid. (For more information, see Bidding on eBay.) Winning bidders will pay a price equal to the lowest winning bid. Winning bids are selected in order of bid price per item. For example, a bid for 5 units at $12 per unit is ranked above a bid for 10 units at $11 per unit. If two bids have the same price per item, the earlier bid is given priority.

The part where it says Cannot use automatic to enter a maximum...is what is important here I beleive. You bid 7.56. In this type of auction with multiples, that means 7.56, not -up to 7.56- like it would in a normal auction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo