Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Look: Wool cap & cardigan

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Here's another look that I like to sport for a more informal setting:

Dcp05326.jpg

The cap is an eight-panel wool from Miller Hats, and the shawl-collared cardigan is from Dillards. I bought the hat especially for sports, as I felt a bit formal wearing a felt fedora. This cap also looks great when wearing suspenders.

Kind regards,
Indy

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Oddly enough, I have found myself really interested in those vintage wool caps. One they are so vintage it's not even funny and two they are farely resonable as price goes. I am heading down to Williamsburg, VA this weekend, I have a feeling a may some down there. Magnoli, do you have recommendations as to brands or a company to buy from?:cool2:

LNBright

New in Town
I've actually had a couple of similar caps over the years.

I had a khaki houndstooth one, but I lost it in college. It was replaced with a grey herringbone one, that I still have. I switched to wearing Tilleys shortly thereafter, though, so it hasn't seen much use.

I ought to break it out and have it to switch off from the Fed....

-Leslie

PS: Magnoli, I love the sweater..... :)

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I chose the one from Miller Hats because I know they make decent quality lids and the price was the best on the net. There were lower priced ones, but from strange sites that I knew nothing about. Chamorro pointed me in the direction of the authentic Irish line, but I've forgotted the address. They were a bit more pricey, but I believe they're the originators of the style, or at least one of the oldest makers of them.

Kind regards,
Indy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff