Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any idea how to choose/use cologne..

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
I am actually the nicest guy anyone could know. Just takes me longer to decide if the other person has an honest agenda and means well. My anti-socialness has more to do with being extremely shy than being anti-social. I'm more of a bookstore/coffeehouse but all my friends are party animals. I don't even go to parties. I wonder what cologne attracted that? Is beer a cologne?

ClassicIsBetter said:
I am actually the nicest guy anyone could know. Just takes me longer to decide if the other person has an honest agenda and means well. My anti-socialness has more to do with being extremely shy than being anti-social. I'm more of a bookstore/coffeehouse but all my friends are party animals. I don't even go to parties. I wonder what cologne attracted that? Is beer a cologne?

Hmmmm beer as a cologne. :p
If your friends are party animals, I doubt you could be called anti-social. [huh] Many of the shy people I know are really quite the party animal when they come out of their shells. :D
I think being careful with who you choose to associate with is not really anti-social it is just being choosy. If you think of the old axiom: "birds of a feather flock together," then it makes sense to do so. ;)

Regards,

J

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Hmmmm beer as a cologne. :p
If your friends are party animals, I doubt you could be called anti-social. [huh] Many of the shy people I know are really quite the party animal when they come out of their shells. :D
I think being careful with who you choose to associate with is not really anti-social it is just being choosy. If you think of the old axiom: "birds of a feather flock together," then it makes sense to do so. ;)

Regards,

J

I don't know, for some reason most of my friends are of the similar type. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. They party frequently, but I have never attended a party with them, nor did I meet them at a party. I withdraw into my shell and just sit around whenever I go to a party. They always have women, I know a lot of good books... Quite the paradox. Birds of a feather maybe, but no feather on a bird is the same.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
I've heard that the smell of food is the greater part of what we call its "taste".

It's like eating when having a cold, a waste of time.

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Does this make the taste of food seem somewhat bland for you? I've heard that the smell of food is the greater part of what we call its "taste".

I think I have most of my sense of taste. Probably 80%. I remember reading in a study that 90% of people that do not have a sense of smell, is for psychological reasons. Mine is for real, I've taken steroids to try to revive it but it's gone. Having no smell takes the edge off my cooking I must say. I'm kidding, I'm actually a good cook for what it's worth. I couldn't tell you by taste if something needs more salt or pepper or whatever. I don't add any of that stuff to my food, except for pepper on occassion.

Roger

A-List Customer
Wash up!

I can't stand it when people literally drench themselves in cologne. It makes my eyes water. Regular washing/cleaning of clothes, bathing at night, rather than just the morning will make a person smell a lot better. Some people need to bathe several times a day. I just can't stand people who only bathe in the morning. PEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Roger said:
I can't stand it when people literally drench themselves in cologne. It makes my eyes water. Regular washing/cleaning of clothes, bathing at night, rather than just the morning will make a person smell a lot better. Some people need to bathe several times a day. I just can't stand people who only bathe in the morning. PEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

By "at night" do you mean again in the early evening, after work but before going out?

You're aware some folks don't sweat during the day and have little to no perceptible body odor after only 8 hours of office work? I can certainly agree if I was toting that barge and lifting that bale all day, but once a day in the morning works just fine for many occupations in a temperate climate.

I assume you don't mean "before bed" since at that point the morning shower will do just as well (if not better) for the next day.

ideaguy

One Too Many
all colognes will need the understanding that what may be good on you may be repulsive on me; factor in time of day, stress/nervousness,what you eat(!),and lots of the hints in the threads mentioned, and you got a mess. My wife tells me to take the normal amount I'd wear (enough to coat the pad of my forefinger ) and cut it in half; cologne should be detected only when someone is close enough to share your trousers with you...for what its' worth, I use Aramis-and not much at all. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran