Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any publications re styles types etc

Hi Guys!

In reading some of the posts on fedoras, there seems to be a lot of choices for everything from the brim, to edging, to crown height, to the pinch style, to the ribbon and bow style and more. Is there a book or magazine that has this stuff described with pictures and such to help a newbie understand these choices and style relevance? If no any body want to write up an FAQ for fedoras on this?

Warmest regards,

John in Covina

Gumby

New in Town
Try this one...

I came across this hat retailer's site which lists some books on hats. Most of them appear to relate to women's fashion, but if you scroll way down the list, there is a book about men's hats. In fact, I may get that one myself...

http://www.villagehatshop.com/books_on_hats.html

Good luck.

"I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
-Gen. George Patton

This one?:

Mens Hats ::
by Adele Campione. Cronicle Books, 1988
Buy This Book This is the companion work to WOMENS HATS by the same author and publisher. This small format book pictures men's hats with descriptions beginning with the 14th Century and ending around 1950. A brief history ends the volume.

Gumby

New in Town
That's it...

I don't own it, but the title and description suggest it might work as a starter volume. Maybe a little Christmas shopping for myself...

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
-Woody Allen in Without Feathers, 1976

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot