Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any surefire way to gauge authenticity?

Allen

New in Town
I know it's more or less a 'let the buyer beware' situation with anything on eBay, but I saw this Hugo Boss six-on-one and it seems hard to pass up at the price. Is the price too good to be true? I checked at www.fakesrevealed.com and based on their descriptions, from what I can tell from the pictures in the auction, it seems to check out, but I wanted to consult my fellow forum goers to see what you all think about it. Does anyone else find it strange that the suit is made in Turkey, or that there is a buttonhole on both lapels?

Here is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGO-BOSS-2009-...&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=2151516397435543693

Thanks everyone
Allen

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Nothing odd about made in Turkey. It's right across the Med from Italy and the labor is cheaper there. Turkish-Italian trade has been going on for thousands of years so that doesn't surprise me at all. The price is right on line for the designer brand for a pre-owned suit. The second button hole? I find that a bit odd but perhaps the previous owner was left handed and wanted his boutonniere on the other side?

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
I just did a quick google of HB and apparently their most important manufacture site is in Turkey.

It's right across the Med from Italy and the labor is cheaper there.
Erm, not quite. The Balkan penninsula is kinda in the way. :p Back when the Ottomans' had their eyes on Austria it would have been, though.

Last edited:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
That's the case with most all DB jackets, in fact it would be strange to see just one .

I have two DB suits and one jacket which all have only one lapel buttonhole. They're from different eras (30s, late 40s and 60s-80s) and different parts of the world (Australia, America and West Germany respectively) so I can only conclude that whilst two buttonholes may have been more common it was by no means the only accepted style for DB suits.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I just did a quick google of HB and apparently their most important manufacture site is in Turkey.

Erm, not quite. The Balkan penninsula is kinda in the way. :p Back when the Ottomans' had their eyes on Austria it would have been, though.

Geogeeks , gotta love 'em :D

Yes, I just made that word up. Short for geography geeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy