Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of winter?!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
It's freezing here

Here in upstate NY it is freezing and I'm watching the snow blow in sideways. We had two beautiful 60 degree days last week and hopefully this is winters last hurrah.

I'm thinking about buying a new Spring hat...which is something like the Groundhog seeing his shadow...once its purchased we're sure to have another 6 weeks of snow for sure!

Honey Doll

Jovan

Suspended
Hemingway Jones said:
Sixty degrees is HEAT to a Bostonian, Mr. Powers. ;) :)
dr.evil.jpg

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Honey Doll said:
Here in upstate NY it is freezing and I'm watching the snow blow in sideways. We had two beautiful 60 degree days last week and hopefully this is winters last hurrah.

I'm thinking about buying a new Spring hat...which is something like the Groundhog seeing his shadow...once its purchased we're sure to have another 6 weeks of snow for sure!

Honey Doll

I feel you pain here in Erie, PA... It is a nice storm of sleet today. 50's by Friday....just in time for SPRING! :p

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
mysterygal said:
Actually, aren't you supposed to put an 'eh?' at the end?:p
recent weather report...rain, rain and guess what?! more rain:(

no! i've been hoping it was going to clear up today!!

i had a canadian college professor who said "yeah?" at the end of sentences instead of "eh". i wonder if it's a regional thing.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
no! i've been hoping it was going to clear up today!!

i had a canadian college professor who said "yeah?" at the end of sentences instead of "eh". i wonder if it's a regional thing.
Listening to the weather man (though, as you've probably figured it out, it's always a bit of a joke around here since they're usually ALWAYS wrong!) but, I guess today (tuesday) we're supposed to get some thunder and lightening...which is kind of cool, as long as you're inside!
In the movie 'Canadian Bacon', they kind of make fun of Canadians where they all say 'eh?' at the end of every sentence

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I see Jovan gets my meaning. ;)

I was just saying to a friend of mine, I don't mind it being 20 degrees, but does there also have to be a 30 mph wind!?

Thankfully, it's just about over. It's going to be 60 for the weekend.

Hemingway Jones said:
I was just saying to a friend of mine, I don't mind it being 20 degrees, but does there also have to be a 30 mph wind!?

Holy Crimony! Call a realtor fast. ;) :p
All I have to say to the other comment is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Evil: It's no hassle...
Dr. Evil: Sh!
Scott Evil: But...
Scott Evil: I'm...
Scott Evil: All I'm say...
Scott Evil: There gonna get a...
Scott Evil: I'm...
Scott Evil: I'm just...
Scott Evil: Would...
Dr. Evil: Sh!... Knock-knock.
Scott Evil: Who's there?
Scott Evil: But...
Dr. Evil: Let me tell you a little story about a man named Sh! Sh! even before you start. That was a pre-emptive "sh!" Now, I have a whole bag of "sh!" with your name on it. :p

Regards,

J

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
Just when I thought it was safe to go out in a suit with no overcoat, having had 50 degrees all winter, we had a blast from the artic this week, with a low of 28, strong winds, and a wind chill that was seriously unpleasant, but thankfully, still no snow. Should be back to 54 by Saturday. So yes I'm tired of winter.
I'm in need of 80 plus's like last summer, very badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace