Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a 3/4 MC jacket they like?

Chigger

New in Town
I'm always on the lookout for a great 3/4 length jacket or at least longer than cafe length.

My dream has a combination between the Belstaff Trial Master w/a snap collar and my Lost Worlds Horsehide. Maybe the Vanson Teton without the velcro.

Any and all suggestions and pictures are welcome.

Thanks folks.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I guess it depends if you are looking for a leather jacket specifically. Have you tried one of the actual Tourist Trophy Waxed Jackets from the Pure Motorcylce range, as per http://www.holden.co.uk/displayprod...902&agName=Belstaff+Jackets&pCode=052.360/2XL

I've had one of these for about seven or eight years now and the thing still looks like new and will stand up on its own. Its one of the most waterproof jackets I own, a full day out in the wet and the seams don't leak. The removable liner is great when travelling when temperatures change and while its a heavy and solid jacket movement is very free and it doesn't feel bulky to wear. And the logo they put on the arm, which I've never been keen on, is easily removed. All in all its a jacket that I'm really glad I bought and that I can't see me ever getting rid of nor wearing out.

The actual motorcycling range is cheaper and much more tough than the fashion clothing sold by the brand, I know I read they recently changed hands yet again, so I don't know if what they are selling now is the same as five or six years ago, but its well worth tracking down a retailer to try one out if you can and if you like the style.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I used to own something similar which was made of waxed cotton. I would imagine a 3/4 leather jacket would be incredibly heavy!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I've seen a couple of interesting Schott leather perfecto styles in 3/4 length. I was never sure if it is something that I would wear or not. The look cool. Can't recall the model, they pop up on eBay from time to time.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
I don't own but Thedi makes very nice jackets.
thedi.jpg

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Personally I wear an old Belstaff Trialmaster in the wet and cool weather and a Hein Gericke Dakar when it's cold. Both jackets are about 25 years old, so modern equivalents might be tough. I know HG doesn't make the Dakar anymore and Belstaff isn't what it used to be.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany