Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone in the Clemson SC area...

Mister_Ed

New in Town
...may want to drop by Judge Keller's, downtown on Clemson Ave. I was browsing in there Saturday, when what should I spy on a high shelf in a back corner but a couple stacks of old hat boxes! I didn't get a chance to check them out (it was game day and there were long lines at all the registers), but when I checked out, the cashier told me that the boxes did indeed contain hats and that they had been there for longer than anybody could remember; Keller's has been in that location for many decades. There were a few Bee hats and some others that I couldn't tell, maybe 8-10 total. Maybe not worth a long drive, but could make for an interesting visit if you're in the area. Next time I'm up there on a less-busy day I'll try to have a look at them and snap a few pix. They won't do me much good since I wear a size 7 7/8 :( .

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Bugger.

I checked it out this morning. Those apparently were hats that Mr. Keller himself wore and were even my size! They are not, however, for sale. :rage: The clerk said "If we sold them, we wouldn't have them." Very true, but I would have them, and I would wear them. I'm sure the hats would much prefer that to being shut up in boxes forevermore and not even being on display.

Mister_Ed

New in Town
That's a shame. We should have a Free the Hats vigil. I agree, they should at least be displayed instead of squirreled away in boxes at the back of the store. You were probably the first person to see them in years.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Points to ponder

If Mr. Keller is deceased (?), and they are keeping the boxes simply for the ambiance, might they consider selling the contents and retaining the boxes?

Who knows what is in the boxes and what condition the contents are in? It could be trash or treasure. Is it possible that they would let someone inspect the contents and perhaps make an offer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy