Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone knowledgeable on Chicago South Suburbs?

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
Do any of you kind folks on here know anything about South Holland, IL? It seems to be somewhat of an anomaly among the south suburbs...sort of an exception to the rule. I'm considering a possible relocation there...any thoughts/advice? Thanks!

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Well 6, I think the further you get away from Chicago the better. Not that familiar with So. Holland. I'm NW burbs. Now if you want to know about Island Lake, McHenry, Barrington, Elgin, Batavia, St. Charles or So. Elgin, I'm your girl. Good luck.

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
South Holland was, as the name implies, founded by Dutch settlers. (There seems to be a "Dutch Belt" in the south suburbs, spreading from South Holland through Lansing and into Munster, IN.) Today, it's more ethnically diverse. I believe they're one of the few remaining towns with Blue Laws still on the books. I actually have a cousin who lives there, but I've been out of touch with him for a few years.

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
well Munster and Lansing are pretty nice areas, so hopefully South Holland is similar! The only thing I worry about is the proximity to such south suburb gems as Harvery, Dolton, and the like...

Thanks so much for the replies though!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic