Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone with comments on Akubra Traveller?

Dave McCone

New in Town
I'll be travelling this winter, and was contemplating getting the Akubra Traveller; it appears to be a nicer hat than your typical cheap wool crusher. Akubras are generally very nice hats (I have several Akubras already) but thought that I would poll folks here to see if anyone had one, and would appreciate any comments, either pro or con, before I start sending money to the Aussies.

Many thanks.

dlgilbert

New in Town
I'm quite interested in this hat as well, but haven't heard anything about it. I'm also considering the Borsalino Traveller, but again, I haven't heard anything, good OR bad, about either of these hats. I'm also travelling in the colder months and having a hat that can easily take being smashed in an airplane's overhead compartment sounds like a pretty good idea! :)

Bebop

Practically Family
Nice hat

I was at David Morgan last week and saw the Traveller. It is a nice hat. You can't really roll it or smash it too much since it has some type of memory wire on the brim but it does fold nicely and retains it's shape quite well. It is unlined and very soft. I would say it is a good hat for the price.

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Travel hat

I also wondered about the Akubra Traveller but bought the Borsalino travel hat instead. It is definitely not worth the asking price or even half that price.

It is too floppy, not very robust body, and just not worth the money. Akubra makes awesome hats for the money and no one else can touch them in quality at anywhere near their price. I feel it is definitely a better bet.

jeboat :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Akubra is a great hat company . The problem is it's cheaper to buy them from an online dealer from austrailia than to buy them in the USA . The selection is better online .
Borsalino's traveler is basicaly a very soft fur felt hat in a lightweight body Just something to knock around and roll up . It's not a hat for bad weather . I've ruined one from the rain . They don't take abuse .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24