Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anything wrong with wearing Red to a Job Interview?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I would think that fine if it compliments the rest of the outfit and isn't chipped to give out a sharply groomed appearance. I wish you the best! And let us know how the interview goes.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
Go for it...

I think red should be fine. Red is classic. Like ITG said, as long as it is a fresh manicure without chips (or the hair lines I get in mine when I do my manicure too late in the evening:eek: ). I would make sure that the red polish is part of a classic and conservative package.

Good Luck...when is the interview?

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I do not think that this can be a problem! You must just try not to wear clothes too colorful and outrageous makeup ... I think it is nothing more classic than perfect manicure! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Lucky Red?

Well i wore it......and at least it waited until AFTER to chip at the corner! :) Barely noticeable anyway!! I am just going to touch it up.

Wore OPI Double Decker Red. True Red.

Must have worked.........I got the job! A promotion to buy more red nail polish and lippy with!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Congratulations Rita.

I was going to say the only reason I can see not to wear red for most industries is that it shows badly if it chips.

I suppose it also depends on the job you are applying for, it is fine for most jobs say--an administrative assistant, art dept. or AP clerk, but more questionable for interviewing for engineering management, controller or the like at the same company.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Tourbillion said:
Congratulations Rita.

I was going to say the only reason I can see not to wear red for most industries is that it shows badly if it chips.

I suppose it also depends on the job you are applying for, it is fine for most jobs say--an administrative assistant, art dept. or AP clerk, but more questionable for interviewing for engineering management, controller or the like at the same company.

Ditto. I'd add that I would avoid big fake nails, regardless of color, for any job in a professional office or that required a college education.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars

Actually the really funny thing is....my managers already knew that I like my nails and my nail polish!

My nails are my own, I are beautiful and I am known for my signature red! There were two other people on the panel though, who dont know me that well, and hence I thought "Oh no, what will they think!".

Its funny, I was in a review a few years back, and had brightish pink nail polish on, it wasnt fluro or anything, but they were pink!
My boss says to me "any other skills that you have that is currently not incorporated in your position? Nail painting perhaps?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy