Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anything you want in Italy?

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Milan isn't exactly unkown for men's clothing, of course - is it a good place for vintage clothing as well? (Where vintage = anteguerra, not 1980s.)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Bought myself this nice straw Borsalino last time.
On the square in Cortona, Tuscany.

Toscanajuli2007175.jpg

jaco

Suspended

Hi shaul-Ike Cohen.

Yes, it's quite hard to find them (because they're not in tourists itinerary) but there are a couple of vintage cloth in Milan.
It depends upon what you're looking for: there are also 3/4 shops of surplus military in wich you can find vintage stuff (WWI and WWII).
Cheers

jaco

Suspended
info

Hi spitfire

Straw borsalino or montecristi or cuenca?
I bouth the montecristi fedora in my avatar last summer. I'd like to know how much did you pay for that, only for curiosity: mine was 148 euro (discounted because the real price was 200 but the seller became a good friend of mine so...the extra discount :)).
Regards

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Very interesting thread.
I was in Bologna, Milan, Modena, Assisi and a few other nnorthern Italy towns in fall of 2002 and I was wearing my Peter's Bros black raw edge, 1 inch ribbon fedora and I got lots of compliments and questions from people on the street and in most all places I visited. It seems that persons making comments were evenly split between younger and older.
I saw fedoras on many seniors but otherwise no headgear save for ball caps.

donCarlos

Practically Family
jaco said:
Hi shaul-Ike Cohen.

Yes, it's quite hard to find them (because they're not in tourists itinerary) but there are a couple of vintage cloth in Milan.
It depends upon what you're looking for: there are also 3/4 shops of surplus military in wich you can find vintage stuff (WWI and WWII).
Cheers
Who wouldn´t like to have an original italian officer uniform from the WWII?
Anyway, if you´d write down a short guide through vintage clothes shops in Milan, I (and certainly not only I) will appreciate it a lot. I´ve already been in Milan once, but i spent two days around Malpensa airport planespotting - if there are some interesting shops, I may even go to town next time :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
jaco said:
Hi spitfire

Straw borsalino or montecristi or cuenca?
I bouth the montecristi fedora in my avatar last summer. I'd like to know how much did you pay for that, only for curiosity: mine was 148 euro (discounted because the real price was 200 but the seller became a good friend of mine so...the extra discount :)).
Regards

It's a Borsalino allright - but I can't remember the price.
150Euro maybe. Or close...

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
jaco said:
Hi shaul-Ike Cohen.

Cheers

Thanks. Next time in there, I'll ask you for details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner